Retrofitting Active Info Display in Golf 7

offpist

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321041
It accepted the coding.
And i did manage to do some of the adaptions.
There are still some error messages but now most of the functionality is restored.

IWMTom

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=313572
Could it be the case that the ACC display movement in AID after retrofitting AID in a pre-Facelift does not work properly?
If ACC display in retrofitted AID does work

1) did you change anything in the ACC coding?
2) could you post your coding of AID?

I've (almost) successfully done the Gen-2 Discover Pro and Digital Cluster in my 2016 Golf-R. https://youtu.be/b66e8qXNjCk I built the MOST cable loop extension to go from the glovebox to the cluster, so my Navigation is all good in the Dash. Purchased the Displays from Stevens Creek VW and the Disco Pro from Alex at APG.

Everything works well and I have no immobilizer or component protection faults (used a VAS 6154 and ODIS), but I am having an issue with the fuel gauge and depiction of ACC. The adaptation entries for the "Offset for fuel tank calibration values-Offset sensor 1" (and 2) both are 12.7L and should be -12.8. However, when I attempt to change them, I can't. Both VCDS and other tools accept "25327" as a security Login, but the Adaptation returns a Login error.

The other issue is that the animated graphic for the position of the vehicle being tracked by ACC is "stuck" at really close to you, rather than moving vertically in the display, based on distance.

I have the complete coding and Adaptation Values from a 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium w/Technology Package as well as a 2018 eGolf SEL Premium that I've compared coding with, and I think I have everything coded coded correctly, except for the Offset sensor values, which I know are wrong and need to figure out how to fix. If anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. It seems like "Complete tank calibration" and/or "Wet dry tank calibration" might have something to do with it, but I can find no documentation.

Did you get your fuel gauge and ACC to work properly? I just ordered my cluster and will be attempting this retrofit on my Alltrack soon. I also have ACC in my Golf and I'm wondering if I'll have the same issue as you had.

Also, I'm confused as to how I'm supposed to hook up the splitter cable. What is TX and RX on the diagram posted on the first page of this thread, are the connections made from the MIB2 head unit to the Discover Pro to the cluster? I bought this splitter cable off eBay, is this correct?

Did any of you guys ever manage to sort the ACC display not working right? I'm having the same issue, and can't find any record of it ever being solved.

Nuje

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=120875
Any idea if it would be possible to install and correctly code (e.g., have proper RPM range in tach) for a 2015 TDI wagon?

I already did the MIB2 upgrade via APG, and they said they can do the AID as well, but after-sale support (I just have a couple minor issues that they aren't responding on) has been less than stellar; therefore, I'm leery about sending another $2K USD their way, particularly if I can get parts for half that stateside.

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
Any idea if it would be possible to install and correctly code (e.g., have proper RPM range in tach) for a 2015 TDI wagon?

I already did the MIB2 upgrade via APG, and they said they can do the AID as well, but after-sale support (I just have a couple minor issues that they aren't responding on) has been less than stellar; therefore, I'm leery about sending another $2K USD their way, particularly if I can get parts for half that stateside.

did you born yesterday ?

Nuje

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=120875
did you born yesterday ?
If all you're going to do is ridicule someone...
a) please don't bother - it adds nothing of value to the forum
b) I understand English is probably not your first language, but if you are going to engage in mockery, at least get the idiom correct

And for the record, everything on my MIB2 works great and looks better than "great"; the only issue (and the one on which I'm not getting a response) is that Performance Monitor isn't properly registering oil temp and coolant temp - given that I wasn't sure that was part of the package deal....I can live with that.

offpist

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321041
I am now happy to say i have successfully installed AID and also MIB2,5 in my 2014 model E-Golf. Everything works including map display in AID.
No error messages any more.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Uwe

IWMTom

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=313572
I am now happy to say i have successfully installed AID and also MIB2,5 in my 2014 model E-Golf. Everything works including map display in AID.
No error messages any more.

Thanks for the help.

Do you have ACC? Does it display correctly on your AID?

jimmyq

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=139879
I saw this last week in a Golf R. Had the same error on startup after retrofitting MIB2.5 and Active Info - range calculation error.
Upgraded the GW software to rev AJ 1244 and the fault was gone.
It was previously rev Q sw 1164.

i did the same now lost the driving mode did you have this same issue i think its dataset ?

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
you need to restore FeC codes to Gateway with genuine dealer tool with online VAG server connection.

jimmyq

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=139879
you need to restore FeC codes to Gateway with genuine dealer tool with online VAG server connection.

thanks i will try that i have dealer tool

offpist

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321041
Do you have ACC? Does it display correctly on your AID?

Yes it shows correctly ACC picture/info on AID.
Everything is working , and no error messages. My car is an E-Golf and also the AID display came from an E-Golf so i guess that helps.

I also have the dynamic tail lights retrofitted in to my car, that really makes it stand out.

Now all i need is to retrofit an 36KWH battery in to my car.. ;)

IWMTom

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=313572
Yes it shows correctly ACC picture/info on AID.
Everything is working , and no error messages. My car is an E-Golf and also the AID display came from an E-Golf so i guess that helps.

I also have the dynamic tail lights retrofitted in to my car, that really makes it stand out.

Now all i need is to retrofit an 36KWH battery in to my car.. ;)

So if there's a car in front of you, does the car display on the AID move in relation to the distance?

Mine just shows whether there's a car there or not - it doesn't move forwards and back as it's supposed to.

offpist

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321041
Hi Tom.
Your right, its the same here. Did not notice it before.
Not an big deal in my opinion.

320i24vv

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304666
thanks i will try that i have dealer tool

Hello everyone! I own a 2014 Golf MK7 R and I have updated the analog instrument cluster with a brand new AID that has the following part number: 5G1.920.791.B

It was paired with my car by a friend that used ODIS (he has a dealer account for this tool) and VCDS in the process. Everything was set, but I am getting the range calculation error.

My original can gateway version was Q 1164 and I updated to version AJ 1244 as mentioned in this topic, but I've also lost the functionality of the Driving Modes button after the update. The button was installed from factory, not retrofited, but my friend told me that he is not able to restore the functionality of the button. He mentioned something about not being able to complete parametrization.

Would someone be able to guide us in order to get this completed? For the moment I went back to Q 1164 as I need the driving modes more than I need a fix for the range error, but I am looking for a way to completly fix this whole situation.

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
Drive select is an FEC in the gateway. You just need to restore FEC on the new gateway module using ODIS online.

320i24vv

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304666
Drive select is an FEC in the gateway. You just need to restore FEC on the new gateway module using ODIS online.

@kamold so this is everything that needs to be done in order to have it functional again?

My friend was trying to reactivate it with "restore function" option from Odis and after a lot of "writing" messages, there was a "parametrization" error.

I found out that it's normal to see this error as the gateway does not match the factory database for my car., but is there a different option that should be used to restore FEC code?

Also, someone said that after restoring the FEC, I will need to import a dataset with VPC. Is that really needed?

This is the dataset :
Data-start stop
Data-drive profile
Data-tiredness detection

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
If the gateway is new or from a car that did not have drive profiles then yes those parameters should be loaded.
It sounds from the error that the gateway does not have the correct parameter set.

320i24vv

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304666
If the gateway is new or from a car that did not have drive profiles then yes those parameters should be loaded.
It sounds from the error that the gateway does not have the correct parameter set.

@kamold the hardware is the same - the original can gateway that came with the car from factory. Just the software version will be updated again from Q 1164 to AJ 1244.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
if you follow the GFF with ODIS, everything should be pretty automated...

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
@kamold the hardware is the same - the original can gateway that came with the car from factory. Just the software version will be updated again from Q 1164 to AJ 1244.

Upload correct parameter set with VCP then restore functions with ODIS.

Can you post an autoscan from the current state please? Just to see what errors you have active now.

Back