Audi Q7 TDI Diesel DPF Forced Regeneration through VCDS

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
Why would you send it back east, there's plenty of guys out on the west or where you're at Los Angeles area. It should be less than $300 for each one of them to be cleaned out.

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
Oh and that letter you sent to the Audi execs good luck getting a respond. What makes you think they're going to even open your letter up. You bought a car 6 years old out of warranty presumably it is kind of a joke that you even send them a letter.

09AudiTDI3.0SLine

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Cool! If you know of a place that will cut them open & weld them back up here on the West Coast, I'd appreciate any info you can provide. I was told by one of the moderators here that just a handful of places will bother with the hassle of dismantling the smaller ones on the passenger cars, and two of them are back east.

09AudiTDI3.0SLine

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Thought I would give an update here. I broke down and shelled out the money to have my local Import Service Garage do a manual chemical regeneration and it worked! All fault codes cleared and power restored. I was actually quite pleased, because I advised them to do a chemical clean of the DPF, plus remove all sensors related to the DPF and clean them as well. The total job came to $460. I felt that was reasonable considering that included the original diagnostic fee & ordering the "Liqui-Moli" Cleaning kit.

Unfortunately I barely drove it over 300 miles and the dreaded MIL was on again. This time, it is just the NOX Sensor 2 Bank 1 fault code 008863 (P229F) - implausable signal, intermittent. Could this be the culprit that if fault originally could cause the DPF to plug up or potentially prevent a passive regen cycle?
Suggestions? A link to actually testing the NOX sensor?

Thanks guys.

Back