Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Central electric module 9 not responding 2014 GTI

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ag13 View Post
    Just like a nanny cam, lol. Ok so is the part number I listed earlier the one I need or should I get a newer version?
    Was there ever a fix found for the non responding central electronics module?? I have a '12 GTI with the exact same symptoms and issues described in this thread. Nothing i try has worked and I'm still locked out and auto scan just freezes until I manually bypass it. ANY help of finally fixing this is appreciated!!

Did you end up buying a new CECM?

Thanks!!

Brian

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately no change on my scenario. I will say this seems to be more common then we realize. Many folks have contacted me over this on this and other sites after posting. At this point I have just gotten used to the fact that module 9 is off limits to me. Everything else works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DSGVW View Post
    Was there ever a fix found for the non responding central electronics module?? I have a '12 GTI with the exact same symptoms and issues described in this thread. Nothing i try has worked and I'm still locked out and auto scan just freezes until I manually bypass it. ANY help of finally fixing this is appreciated!!

Did you end up buying a new CECM?

Thanks!!

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Many folks have contacted me over this on this and other sites after posting.
    If any of them are close enough to bring their car and their computer to RT's HQ, that would give us a much better shot at sorting this.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Uwe I will pass that on. Unfortunately I'm based in Atlanta so can't do that otherwise I would be there today.

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    If any of them are close enough to bring their car and their computer to RT's HQ, that would give us a much better shot at sorting this.

-Uwe-
    Last edited by Uwe; 04-03-2015 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Fixed QUOTE tags

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately no change on my scenario. I will say this seems to be more common then we realize. Many folks have contacted me over this on this and other sites after posting. At this point I have just gotten used to the fact that module 9 is off limits to me. Everything else works fine.
    Wow seriously!? Did you try a new CECM? I tried all the things listed in this thread along with pulling the battery overnight with no resolve. If it's happening to many I wonder what the common theme is? I am using an old laptop with Vista and am starting to wonder if that is my issue. But something is wrong on the cars end as when I open my doors the interior lights only go on for 10 seconds and then all off. Used to be much longer before. And I keep getting random door electronic faults. Thought it was due to the warning lights installed in the doors and recoding for them but that didn't seem to change anything either. I'm at a loss and looking to sell the car on in a few months and need to get this sorted!!

2012 GTI
    Central electronics module freezes at Wischer (wiper motor) on autoscan and won't open (not responding) via select module
    Replica xenons, not OEM so no coding change
    Led OEM tails so byte 18 is 1F
    Aftermarket Chinese android head unit, CECM was fine for first 6 months installed so ive ruled this out
    LEDs in footwells (sporatic sometimes on and sometimes off when opening doors and no key) when car is in they work fine.
    Lots of random coding done via vcds, unsure if relevant

Any other info useful to know??

Thanks everyone for your work/thoughts on this. It's driving me (and others)!mad!!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post

-Uwe-
    Wish I could make the drive but I'm just far enough I can't really swing it in a day to and from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Understood. I've driven to your neck of the woods a few times way back when...

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So.. Should I start a new thread to keep attempting diagnosed on this or should I just throw in the towel and give up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure how it would be advantageous to start a new thread.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I desperately need to get this fixed. Would the "easy" route be to get a new CECM or should I keep posting autoscans after trying different things? I'm clear out of suggestions in my head and from this thread and I am still locked out of the module. Tried old Ross tech software, tried my cable in another car (works fine), tried deleting drivers and reinstalling fresh ones. Still no dice. Again I think it's a problem on the cars end as the lighting is strange. Sometimes footwells on when door opens. Other times just some lights and for 10 seconds only. Radio not recognized in MFI, aka no audio menu. It's an aftermarket radio burnt used to show volume, station, etc. now audio menu is gone.

Tried all the little things mentioned in this thread. Only thing that did anything was pulling the wiper motor fuse got me one step further before the module freezes but still no communication with it.