Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Central electric module 9 not responding 2014 GTI

Post Thanks / Like
    Beta 15.1.0 is available here so please try it and let us know either way.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried the beta and I am still experiencing the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Beta 15.1.0 is available here so please try it and let us know either way.

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer. We sorta figured that but it was worth a shot.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem Dana thanks for the help

Since I will be replacing, is the correct part number 1K0937086T as it shows on my scan? Are there different versions using the same part number?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dana: is the suspected cable issue peculiar to the micro CAN? If so, could "age13" try polling the BCM with a CAN+HEX ( or a HEX NET) before he/she buys another unit? Second question - how does "age13" get the coding for his/her new BCM if the original coding for his/her current unit is lost?
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    DV52 all good questions. I can finally answer one, I do have the coding from at least one of my past scans. It's the one that came after the dealer rebooted the system. I actually think its the last one I posted. I'm a he, I should introduce myself after all these posts, I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Dana: is the suspected cable issue peculiar to the micro CAN? If so, could "age13" try polling the BCM with a CAN+HEX ( or a HEX NET) before he/she buys another unit? Second question - how does "age13" get the coding for his/her new BCM if the original coding for his/her current unit is lost?

8. Likes Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was in reply to Eric's debug evaluation early on
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    One of the slaves of module 09 is causing module 09 to make the scan tool wait indefinitely when we request identification. VCDS is trying to break out of that wait, but the module refuses any further request since it's still (presumably) waiting on that slave. Not sure where you go from there, could be an actual slave malfunctioning, the wiring to it, or any coding/adaptation change you made...
    and more recent reply (after my slave removal/fuse removal suggestion failed).
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Trying the upcoming beta and generating debugs certainly won't hurt, but I'm afraid (having looked at debugs of this particular issue earlier in the thread) that the problem really sits module-side in this case.
    Although getting another opinion from another scan tool never hurts .. it sounds like Adrian's BCM failed in this case. We have scans on file from that car so the original coding isn't lost. In cases that a scan isn't available and a controller is dead.. we can usually build those PQ35 BCM coding strings from scratch.

10. Likes Uwe, Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adrian: Hmm- isn't it great to have the wise folk at RT watching over us in the back ground? They are like a warm cuddly toy- comforting and safe! A kind of in-built "Linus blanket" that comes wrapped-up with every registered cable!!
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just like a nanny cam, lol. Ok so is the part number I listed earlier the one I need or should I get a newer version?

Adrian: Hmm- isn't it great to have the wise folk at RT watching over us in the back ground? They are like a warm cuddly toy- comforting and safe! A kind of in-built "Linus blanket" that comes wrapped-up with every registered cable!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have issue with BCM access.
    All is working, Light & Vision menu on the screen, I can mark / unmark options from Light or Convenience menu such as ATA-confirm, but still cant get to look coding or adaptation,
    Cant even reflash module via VAS
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT