Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Beta 15.1.0 is available here so please try it and let us know either way.

ag13

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223721
Reactions: Uwe

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Bummer. We sorta figured that but it was worth a shot.

ag13

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223721
No problem Dana thanks for the help

Since I will be replacing, is the correct part number 1K0937086T as it shows on my scan? Are there different versions using the same part number?

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404

Dana: is the suspected cable issue peculiar to the micro CAN? If so, could "age13" try polling the BCM with a CAN+HEX ( or a HEX NET) before he/she buys another unit? Second question - how does "age13" get the coding for his/her new BCM if the original coding for his/her current unit is lost?

ag13

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223721
DV52 all good questions. I can finally answer one, I do have the coding from at least one of my past scans. It's the one that came after the dealer rebooted the system. I actually think its the last one I posted. I'm a he, I should introduce myself after all these posts, I'm Adrian.

Dana: is the suspected cable issue peculiar to the micro CAN? If so, could "age13" try polling the BCM with a CAN+HEX ( or a HEX NET) before he/she buys another unit? Second question - how does "age13" get the coding for his/her new BCM if the original coding for his/her current unit is lost?

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score

Was in reply to Eric's debug evaluation early on
One of the slaves of module 09 is causing module 09 to make the scan tool wait indefinitely when we request identification. VCDS is trying to break out of that wait, but the module refuses any further request since it's still (presumably) waiting on that slave. Not sure where you go from there, could be an actual slave malfunctioning, the wiring to it, or any coding/adaptation change you made...

and more recent reply (after my slave removal/fuse removal suggestion failed).
Trying the upcoming beta and generating debugs certainly won't hurt, but I'm afraid (having looked at debugs of this particular issue earlier in the thread) that the problem really sits module-side in this case.

Although getting another opinion from another scan tool never hurts .. it sounds like Adrian's BCM failed in this case. We have scans on file from that car so the original coding isn't lost. In cases that a scan isn't available and a controller is dead.. we can usually build those PQ35 BCM coding strings from scratch.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Adrian: Hmm- isn't it great to have the wise folk at RT watching over us in the back ground? They are like a warm cuddly toy- comforting and safe! A kind of in-built "Linus blanket" that comes wrapped-up with every registered cable!!

ag13

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223721
Just like a nanny cam, lol. Ok so is the part number I listed earlier the one I need or should I get a newer version?

Adrian: Hmm- isn't it great to have the wise folk at RT watching over us in the back ground? They are like a warm cuddly toy- comforting and safe! A kind of in-built "Linus blanket" that comes wrapped-up with every registered cable!!

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
I also have issue with BCM access.
All is working, Light & Vision menu on the screen, I can mark / unmark options from Light or Convenience menu such as ATA-confirm, but still cant get to look coding or adaptation,
Cant even reflash module via VAS

DSGVW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=140651
Just like a nanny cam, lol. Ok so is the part number I listed earlier the one I need or should I get a newer version?

Was there ever a fix found for the non responding central electronics module?? I have a '12 GTI with the exact same symptoms and issues described in this thread. Nothing i try has worked and I'm still locked out and auto scan just freezes until I manually bypass it. ANY help of finally fixing this is appreciated!!

Did you end up buying a new CECM?

Thanks!!

Brian

ag13

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223721
Unfortunately no change on my scenario. I will say this seems to be more common then we realize. Many folks have contacted me over this on this and other sites after posting. At this point I have just gotten used to the fact that module 9 is off limits to me. Everything else works fine.

Was there ever a fix found for the non responding central electronics module?? I have a '12 GTI with the exact same symptoms and issues described in this thread. Nothing i try has worked and I'm still locked out and auto scan just freezes until I manually bypass it. ANY help of finally fixing this is appreciated!!

Did you end up buying a new CECM?

Thanks!!

Brian

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Many folks have contacted me over this on this and other sites after posting.
If any of them are close enough to bring their car and their computer to RT's HQ, that would give us a much better shot at sorting this.

-Uwe-

ag13

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223721
Thanks Uwe I will pass that on. Unfortunately I'm based in Atlanta so can't do that otherwise I would be there today.

If any of them are close enough to bring their car and their computer to RT's HQ, that would give us a much better shot at sorting this.

-Uwe-

Last edited by a moderator:

DSGVW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=140651
Unfortunately no change on my scenario. I will say this seems to be more common then we realize. Many folks have contacted me over this on this and other sites after posting. At this point I have just gotten used to the fact that module 9 is off limits to me. Everything else works fine.

Wow seriously!? Did you try a new CECM? I tried all the things listed in this thread along with pulling the battery overnight with no resolve. If it's happening to many I wonder what the common theme is? I am using an old laptop with Vista and am starting to wonder if that is my issue. But something is wrong on the cars end as when I open my doors the interior lights only go on for 10 seconds and then all off. Used to be much longer before. And I keep getting random door electronic faults. Thought it was due to the warning lights installed in the doors and recoding for them but that didn't seem to change anything either. I'm at a loss and looking to sell the car on in a few months and need to get this sorted!!

2012 GTI
Central electronics module freezes at Wischer (wiper motor) on autoscan and won't open (not responding) via select module
Replica xenons, not OEM so no coding change
Led OEM tails so byte 18 is 1F
Aftermarket Chinese android head unit, CECM was fine for first 6 months installed so ive ruled this out
LEDs in footwells (sporatic sometimes on and sometimes off when opening doors and no key) when car is in they work fine.
Lots of random coding done via vcds, unsure if relevant

Any other info useful to know??

Thanks everyone for your work/thoughts on this. It's driving me (and others)!mad!!

DSGVW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=140651

-Uwe-

Wish I could make the drive but I'm just far enough I can't really swing it in a day to and from.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Understood. I've driven to your neck of the woods a few times way back when...

-Uwe-

DSGVW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=140651
So.. Should I start a new thread to keep attempting diagnosed on this or should I just throw in the towel and give up?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm not sure how it would be advantageous to start a new thread.

-Uwe-

DSGVW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=140651
Ok I desperately need to get this fixed. Would the "easy" route be to get a new CECM or should I keep posting autoscans after trying different things? I'm clear out of suggestions in my head and from this thread and I am still locked out of the module. Tried old Ross tech software, tried my cable in another car (works fine), tried deleting drivers and reinstalling fresh ones. Still no dice. Again I think it's a problem on the cars end as the lighting is strange. Sometimes footwells on when door opens. Other times just some lights and for 10 seconds only. Radio not recognized in MFI, aka no audio menu. It's an aftermarket radio burnt used to show volume, station, etc. now audio menu is gone.

Tried all the little things mentioned in this thread. Only thing that did anything was pulling the wiper motor fuse got me one step further before the module freezes but still no communication with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back