Thread: Retrofitting VW EOS rear park distance control with ops fault 01549

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Retrofitting VW EOS rear park distance control with ops fault 01549

Retrofitting rear park assist with ops to 2009 VW Eos TSI with DSG and emblem RVC successfully fitted.
    Can you help identify a solution to my problem getting the park assist to operate as I have fitted new components and checked connections for continuity in the harness and checked that more than 12 volts from the fuse box reaches the module at beige connector T16 Pin 1 The optical system displays the correct screens when the fault is cleared using VCDS but returns when I turn off the ignition and restart the engine and place it in reverse gear. A warning screen appears and displays a message that the park assist is not available. There only appears to be 2.7 volts at black connector T12 pin 11 on the harness to the sensors. Can someone post the pin outs for the park assist module as I have found two different wiring diagrams showing the PIN numbers at and to the sensors.
    I will be grateful for your advice to find a solution to the fault.
    Please see the logs from VCDS below.
    Regards,
    John

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist Labels: 1K0-919-475.clb
    Control Module Part Number: 1K0 919 475 L HW: 1K0 919 475 L
    Component and/or Version: PARKHILFE 006 1806
    Software Coding: 302101
    Work Shop Code: WSC 00020 790 12345
    VCID: 3B7E4CC1BAA12C9E9F-806E
    1 Fault Found:

01549 - Supply Voltage for Parking-Aid Sensor
    007 - Short to Ground
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100111
    Fault Priority: 3
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 137
    Mileage: 51128 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2000.00.00
    Time: 18:28:57

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (1K0 919 475 L)

16:27:47 Group 001: Resulting Distance / Vehicle Speed && Voltage
    Not Installed
    255 cm Resulting Distance Rear
    0.0 km/h Vehicle Speed
    13.60 V Sensor Voltage Supply

16:27:47 Group 002: External Information
    Reverse: Yes Reverese Gear engaged
    Not Installed Trailer hitched
    Not Installed Sound Output Suppressed (Park)
    Not Installed Function Button (E266)

16:27:47 Group 003
    OFF Confirm. Sound (Reverse Gear)
    21.5C Ambient Temperature
    21.0C Temperature
    2.10 V Sensor Voltage Supply

Sent from my iPad

Post Thanks / Like
    T12/11 should be a positive
    T12/8 should be a sensor ground

IIRC T12/11 should be a +12V and behave as a terminal 15. I suspect either a short in your PDC wiring or a dodgy sensor.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks iichel, I understand the comments about the T12 pin 11 with 12v and T12 pin 8 with sensor ground but can you explain what you mean about the 12v acting as a terminal 15. I have searched various VW group forums that suggest the terminals for the 12v from pin 11 , the ground from pin 8 and the terminal for each of the four sensors on their three pin connector may not be correct.
    The numbering on the sensor connectors contradict how it is displayed in the wiring diagrams - do you know which terminals on the three pin connector are allocated to 12v supply terminal, ground terminal and terminal that identifies the positions of the four rear sensors? All the sensors and wiring harness are new but there is a possibility the wiring harness terminals do not match the Eos wiring diagram.

Post Thanks / Like
    A full Auto Scan would be helpful...

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terminal 15 is the term that we use for an ignition switched 12V.
    IGN off - no voltage
    IGN on - 12V

For any PDC sensor:
    1 - signal
    2 - ground
    3 - positive

diagram:

Last edited by iichel; 08-06-2017 at 05:44 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for the explanation and I have connected the pdc ops using this wiring diagram.
    I found a different diagram in the Bentley manual for the VW Eos showing a different sequence of connections.
    If you check yours you will also see that the three pin sequence on the the diagram shows positive pin 3, signal pin 1 and the ground to pin 2 and this was how the suppliers wiring harness connectors were set up. Your diagram shows sensor G206 with the three pin connector signal as T3ad/1 and does not match your suggested sensor terminal sequence 1-ground 2-signal 3-positive ?
    The Bentley manual shows a diagram with 1-positive 2-signal and ground-3. This is what is confusing me as I believe the problem lies with the terminals to and from the sensors not being assigned correctly. Please let me have your thoughts about this being a cause of the problem with the installation that is presenting the fault supply voltage for parking aid sensor 01549 short to ground on VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've corrected myself. The bentley suggested 1-positive 2-signal and ground-3 does not agree with ELSAwin. The bentley suggested numbers do agree with some other models, i.e. my own Polo.

I guess the wiring depends on the modules and sensors used? Maybe we're looking at wiring A for module B, so that's why it doesn't add up...

9. Likes 1oldlabourer liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for your guided assistance as it offers some comfort to change the pins over as shown in the Bentley manual.
    I had some trouble with the pin removal tool which unfortunately broke and I am away tomorrow so I have taken the wiring harness out of the car to prepare and check all the connectionss at my leisure when I return from Chamonix at the beginning of September. I will let you know how things turn out with the park distance control then.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    for rear sensors made by bosch wiring is different, for some skodas, Scirocco, Eos only rear sensors were option from factory made by bosch and each sensor had 3 wires going directly to module with it's power, ground and signal not shared, meaning that each sensor gets unique 3 wires.
    for valeo sensors power and ground is shared among sensors

12. Likes Uwe liked this post