Thread: 2017 MK7.5 Golf GTI + HEX-CAN USB?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

2017 MK7.5 Golf GTI + HEX-CAN USB?

I guess this is a kinda presales question...

I've an existing Hex-CAN USB lead (2008) that I've used consistently with my VW/Audi cars, will I be ok to use this on my forthcoming GTI? Or will I need to upgrade?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoPops View Post
    I guess this is a kinda presales question...

I've an existing Hex-CAN USB lead (2008) that I've used consistently with my VW/Audi cars, will I be ok to use this on my forthcoming GTI? Or will I need to upgrade?
    OK to use? Sure.

Will it access every last module in your new car? Hard to say. Depends on how the car is equipped.

My advice: Run an and post an Auto-Scan when you get the car and we should be able to tell you if it's missing something.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes Eric, Ashraf6119, CocoPops liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any CAN2.0b control module yet known in MQB which HEX-CAN USB cannot handle?

From my knowledge there is the Central konv. module in MLBevo and perhaps the module no. 74 which is I think something with suspension control...?

I could imagine that HEX-CAN USB interface will end up in smoke connecting to a new A8 though

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hadez16 View Post
    Is there any CAN2.0b control module yet known in MQB which HEX-CAN USB cannot handle?
    I believe there can be some, but I don't have a list handy. Whether they exist in any particular car will depend on how it is equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by hadez16 View Post
    I could imagine that HEX-CAN USB interface will end up in smoke connecting to a new A8 though
    I would not expect any physical damage, but I sure don't expect it to work well either.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I have now found a module it cannot talk to....
    Upgrade time?

Module 4B.

See my reference scan in the other forum.

7. Likes Uwe, Eric, PetrolDave liked this post