Thread: VCDS serial cable - No longer supplied

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

VCDS serial cable - No longer supplied

Hi

We have been using our VCDS serial cable for many years and it been great but it starting to play up now.
    I was looking to replace it with another one but they dont seem to be available any more?

I remember reading a long while ago about you cant use USB extention leads with the USB interface is this still the case? Just we use a 20 meter serial extention cable to let us use 1 computer to cover a large area.

I like the look off the Hex-Net but prefere to use the stable versions for customers car (or is hex-net almost is in a stable condition?)

Cheers

Toby
    DG Motor Services

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Toby,

Please email our Sales department regarding the serial interface.

-Santos

3. Likes DGMotors liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We still have RS-232 serial interfaces, we just don't put them on our website for people to order anymore because 90+% of people who were ordering them didn't actually have a serial port. If you'd like to buy one outright, it's $349. If you'd like to have us fix or replace yours (our choice, as appropriate) it's $119.

USB does not go 20 meters.

HEX-NET is reasonably stable with VCDS, but much depends on how good the WiFi network in your shop is.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    With my options I think I'm going to order a Hex-Net once that arrives and is working I'll send the Serial lead back and get you to look at fixing that.

Cheers for the help.

6. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. We'll be glad to assist.

8. Likes DGMotors liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Toby,

Due to the cost of International shipping we would like to ship the replacement HEX-COM+CAN interface with the HEX-NET interface you recently ordered. (Doing so will save you approximately $58.67 USD in shipping alone.) Please check your email for Subject: Flat Rate Repair of HC404383 | VCDS Flat Rate Repair 150305RA1

It includes a link and special instructions to complete the check-out process without additional shipping charges for the FRR (Flat Rate Repair).

-Dana

10. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607, DGMotors, LN-TAL liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Hi Toby,

Due to the cost of International shipping we would like to ship the replacement HEX-COM+CAN interface with the HEX-NET interface you recently ordered. (Doing so will save you approximately $58.67 USD in shipping alone.) Please check your email for Subject: Flat Rate Repair of HC404383 | VCDS Flat Rate Repair 150305RA1

It includes a link and special instructions to complete the check-out process without additional shipping charges for the FRR (Flat Rate Repair).

-Dana
    Hi Dana

That good thinking and excellent service,

I did update my email address when ordering but I dont seem to have received any emails??

I have just checked and it didn't update my email address. I have updated it now can you please resend them.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Toby,

The contact info I'm working with is based on that HEX-NET order and we may have a typo in there. I resent that email but please let us know if you didn't receive it. If that's the case you can private message me the new email address or contact Support via email. http://www.ross-tech.com/contact.html

Best,
    Dana

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Tony,

I updated the email address (per PM) in your order and resent subject Flat Rate Repair of HC404383 | VCDS Flat Rate Repair 150305RA1 from Support. If you didn't receive it please check your junk/spam traps for anything from xxxxx @ Ross-Tech.com

14. Likes DGMotors liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the very fast helpful service again,

Package arrived yesterday and the new RS232 leads works a treat, When I get a moment i'll set the HEX-NET up and get the old lead sent back.

Cheers again Toby

16. Likes Bruce, jyoung8607, Uwe, Dana liked this post