05 audi a6

05a6c6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=305794
Trying to recode the seatbelt chime as the buckle is worn and continues to ding even when I have my seatbelt on. I access 17-instrument cluster and click on coding but long coding does not come up it is a different coding screen. I change the value like it says but it says code must be 5-6 digits when the original code is 7? I cant get it to take the new code and I don't want to screw it up.

05a6c6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=305794
got it figured out

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
You will find when you do any Long Coding changes is saves the original code and modified code in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Debug\CodingLog.TXT

05a6c6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=305794
Cluster is too old to support long coding. The hardware code was where the problem was it was 999999 and could only be a maximum of 236xxx or something like that changed it to all 0's and it worked. You do not have to disable the light totally either for the seatbelt I tried each of the different settings and found a few that do the self test when you key on than the light stays out regardless of if you have the seatbelt on or not. I needed it to the do the self test at key on and stay out for MOT here in the U.K. as the belt part is worn where I makes contact in the latch and unless out have it just right it dings constantly.

Reactions: Uwe
Back