Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Retrofitted RLS and Autolights

  1. #1
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking Retrofitted RLS and Autolights

    Hi Guys,

    I recently completed a personal project of retrofitting RLS to my 2012 SKODA FL Octavia VRS and it works brilliantly. So recently added a autolight switch and am not sure it is working to the best of its ability. What I mean by this is that it seems confusing as to when it switches the light on / off and the CH/LH lights as well.

    Basically I have notices the following after fitting the AutoLight switch
    1. The lights came on yesterday right after the car wash and then it remained on for a while even with the Sun light directly shinning on the car. :dull:
    The lights came on again after a brief break but this time the sun wasn't shinning but there was still considerable outside light?!?!?
    2. The CH/LH only seem to come on when it is pitch dark? not sure if this is normal behavior as I have seen other VAG cars where if there is still outside light the LH would come on.

    I have noticed in VCDS 09 Centl Elect > RLS there are few settings to adjust the Light threshold (+20% , +40%). But am not sure how they work? Anybody perhaps could guide me on this please?

    these are the settings for my RLS

    Also lastly can you set the sensitivity of when the CH / LH come on??








  2. #2
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Would you mind posting a current Auto-Scan from this car for context?

    I suspect you're working on the same car that you posted one from early this year here, but a current one would be better.

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  3. #3
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Would you mind posting a current Auto-Scan from this car for context?

    I suspect you're working on the same car that you posted one from early this year here, but a current one would be better.

    -Uwe-
    Here you go buddy

    Code:
    Wednesday,21,June,2017,21:15:44:57254
    VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64
    VCDS Version: 17.1.3.0 (x64)
    Data version: 20170320 DS267.7
    www.Ross-Tech.com
    
    
    VIN: TMBEH21Z3D2054264   License Plate: DE62XSD
    Mileage: 69140km-42961mi   Repair Order: 
    
    
    
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    
    Chassis Type: 1Z (7N0)
    Scan: 01 02 03 08 09 10 15 16 17 19 25 37 42 44 46 52 56 62 6C 72
             
    
    VIN: TMBEH21Z3D2054264   Mileage: 69140km-42961miles
    
    01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000
    02-Auto Trans -- Status: OK 0000
    03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000
    04-Steering Angle -- Status: OK 0000
    08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000
    09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: OK 0000
    10-Park/Steer Assist -- Status: OK 0000
    15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000
    16-Steering wheel -- Status: OK 0000
    17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000
    19-CAN Gateway -- Status: OK 0000
    25-Immobilizer -- Status: OK 0000
    37-Navigation -- Status: Malfunction 0010
    42-Door Elect, Driver -- Status: OK 0000
    44-Steering Assist -- Status: OK 0000
    46-Central Conv. -- Status: OK 0000
    52-Door Elect, Pass. -- Status: OK 0000
    56-Radio -- Status: OK 0000
    62-Door, Rear Left -- Status: OK 0000
    6C-Back-up Cam. -- Status: OK 0000
    72-Door, Rear Right -- Status: OK 0000
     
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 01: Engine (CEG)       Labels: 03L-906-022-CBA.clb
       Part No SW: 03L 906 022 RE    HW: 03L 906 022 GA
       Component: R4 2,0L EDC G000AG  5752  
       Revision: 13H15---    Serial number:               
       Coding: 0001078
       Shop #: WSC 73430 000 00000
       VCID: 79F8683F3006F489AE-802C
    
    No fault code found.
    Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0 
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 02: Auto Trans        Labels: 02E-927-770.clb
       Part No SW: 02E 300 058 L    HW: 02E 927 770 AL
       Component: GSG DSG AG6     512 3503  
       Revision: 05551213    Serial number: 00001208031280
       Coding: 0000020
       Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00209
       VCID: 23446A57E20A5E59D4-8076
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104)       Labels: 1K0-907-379-60EC1F.clb
       Part No SW: 1K0 907 379 BK    HW: 1K0 907 379 BK
       Component: ESP MK60EC1   H31 0152  
       Revision: 00H31001    
       Coding: 163B601C092700FE680D06EA901D0082340800
       Shop #: WSC 28059 210 91019
       VCID: 7CF6712BFF34C1A1B5-8028
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 08: Auto HVAC (J255)       Labels: 5K0-907-044.clb
       Part No SW: 3T0 907 044 BR    HW: 3T0 907 044 BR
       Component: Climatronic   H19 0606  
       Revision: 00001007    
       Coding: 0010000002
       Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00209
       ASAM Dataset: EV_Climatronic A01010
       ROD: EV_ClimaAutoBasis_SK35.rod
       VCID: 03040AD78ACABE59F4-8056
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
       Part No SW: 1K0 937 087 AD    HW: 1K0 937 087 AD
       Component: BCM PQ35  H   111 0709  
       Revision: AC111709    
       Coding: 46000AB8E049B1C040080080350081EC47205BAE537D8160808440040040
       Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00209
       VCID: 73E45A17D26A8ED9E4-8026
    
       Subsystem 1 - Part No: 1Z2 955 119 D  Labels: 1KX-955-119.CLB
       Component: Wischer 17081  26  0601 
       Coding: 00DFB7
    
       Subsystem 2 - Part No: 1K0 955 559 AH  Labels: 1K0-955-559-AG.CLB
       Component: RLS 211209 05  54  0402 
       Coding: 0730AD
    
       Subsystem 3 - Part No: 1Z0 951 171 
       Component: Innenraumuebe  008 5101 
    
       Subsystem 4 - Part No: 1K0 951 605 C
       Component: LIN BACKUP HO  H05 1501 
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446)       Labels: 5J0-919-475.clb
       Part No SW: 5J0 919 475 A    HW: 5J0 919 475 A
       Component: PARKHILFE 4K  H11 0005  
       Revision: --H11---    Serial number: 32961224000475
       Coding: 30810F
       Shop #: WSC 13765 790 00209
       ASAM Dataset: EV_EPHVA14SKxxx0000 001001
       ROD: EV_EPHVA14SKxxx0000.rod
       VCID: 33649A179AEACED924-8066
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 15: Airbags        Labels: 1K0-909-605.lbl
       Part No SW: 1K0 909 605 T    HW: 1K0 909 605 T
       Component: Q4 AIRBAG VW8   020 2300  
       Revision: 05020000    Serial number: 0038PD2XSPHP  
       Coding: 0020788
       Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00209
       VCID: 3D70BC2F64AE08A9C2-8068
    
       Subsystem 1 - Serial number: 6332MSME703328688
    
       Subsystem 2 - Serial number: 6342MSME70402E133
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 16: Steering wheel (J527)       Labels: 5K0-953-569.clb
       Part No SW: 5K0 953 521 AT    HW: 5K0 953 569 B
       Component: LENKS.MODUL   014 0140  
       Revision: FF010041    Serial number: 20120815800189
       Coding: 189A140000
       Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00209
       ASAM Dataset: EV_SMLSNGVOLWSXS A01004
       ROD: EV_SMLSNGVOLWSXS.rod
       VCID: 7EF27B23E128D3B19B-802A
    
       Multifunction steering wheel control module: 
       Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 3T0 959 537 A    HW: 3T0 959 537 A  Labels: 3C8-959-537.CLB
       Component: E221__MFL-URO  H07 0012 
       Coding: 830000
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 17: Instruments (J285)       Labels: 5K0-920-xxx-17.clb
       Part No SW: 1Z0 920 943 TX    HW: 1Z0 920 943 TX
       Component: KOMBI         H04 0607  
       Serial number: 00000000000000
       Coding: 110A01
       Shop #: WSC 28059 210 91019
       ASAM Dataset: EV_Kombi_UDS_VDD_RM09 A04114
       ROD: EV_Kombi_UDS_VDD_RM09_004_VW25.rod
       VCID: 224A6F5335105751DF-8076
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533)       Labels: 7N0-907-530-V2.clb
       Part No SW: 7N0 907 530 R    HW: 7N0 907 530 H
       Component: J533  Gateway H42 1632  
       Revision:   H42       Serial number: 160812F1000752
       Coding: 351303
       Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00209
       VCID: 3F8CC627AEA21AB9D0-806A
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 25: Immobilizer (J334)       Labels: 5K0-920-xxx-25.clb
       Part No SW: 5K0 953 234     HW: 5K0 953 234 
       Component: IMMO          H04 0607  
       Serial number: 00000000000000
       Coding: 000000
       Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
       ASAM Dataset: EV_Immo_UDS_VDD_RM09 A03009
       ROD: EV_Immo_UDS_VDD_RM09_VW21.rod
       VCID: 6ADA47738DA04F1157-803E
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 37: Navigation (J794)       Labels: 1K0-035-27x-37.clb
       Part No SW: 3T0 035 192 G    HW: 3T0 035 192 G
       Component: RNS315-EU   H52 0319  
       Serial number: SKZAZ2M9285932
       Coding: 000004410401000000000002
       Shop #: WSC 73430 031 00209
       ASAM Dataset: EV_RNS315EUV2UDS 001705
       ROD: EV_RNS315EUV2UDS.rod
       VCID: 326A9F1365F0C7D12F-8066
    
       Data medium: 
       Subsystem 1 - Part No: 3AA 919 866 
       Component: EUR_W_0038  0038 
    
    2 Faults Found:
    1048652 - Telephone Microphone 
              B1048 13 [008] - Open Circuit
              Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00000001
                        Fault Priority: 5
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 21
                        Mileage: 69139 km
                        Date: 2017.06.18
                        Time: 22:56:38
    
    1048641 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded 
              U1014 00 [009] - -
              Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00000001
                        Fault Priority: 5
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 236
                        Mileage: 69139 km
                        Date: 2017.06.18
                        Time: 22:56:38
    
                        Correction for sound system: OK
                        Traffic sign display: OK
                        CD changer: OK
                        Status of antenna 2 for radio: OK
                        Digital radio (DAB): OK
                        Antenna diagnostic: OK
                        Telephone baseplate diagnostic: OK
                        Speaker status: OK
                        Rearview camera: ERROR
                        Telephone Transceiver: OK
    
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 42: Door Elect, Driver        Labels: 1K0-959-701-MIN3.clb
       Part No SW: 1T0 959 701 T    HW: 1T0 959 701 T
       Component: Tuer-SG         009 2120  
       Coding: 0000756
       Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00209
       VCID: 489EDDFB3B6C5D0161-801C
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 44: Steering Assist        Labels: 1K0-909-14x-GEN3.clb
       Part No: 1K0 909 144 P
       Component: EPS_ZFLS Kl. 74     3305  
       Revision: 00H22000    
       Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00209
       VCID: 377CAE07469222F918-8062
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 52: Door Elect, Pass.        Labels: 1K0-959-702-MIN3.clb
       Part No SW: 1T0 959 702 R    HW: 1T0 959 702 R
       Component: Tuer-SG         009 2120  
       Coding: 0000756
       Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00209
       VCID: 479CDEC73672527968-8012
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 62: Door, Rear Left        Labels: 1K0-959-703-GEN3.clb
       Part No SW: 5K0 959 703 A    HW: 5K0 959 703 A
       Component: Tuer-SG         007 2101  
       Coding: 0000144
       Shop #: WSC 73430 790 1012561
       VCID: 326A9F13ADF0C7D12F-8066
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 6C: Back-up Cam.
    Cannot be reached
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 72: Door, Rear Right        Labels: 1K0-959-704-GEN3.clb
       Part No SW: 5K0 959 704 A    HW: 5K0 959 704 A
       Component: Tuer-SG         007 2101  
       Coding: 0000144
       Shop #: WSC 73430 790 1012561
       VCID: 33649A1752EACED924-8066
    
    No fault code found.
    
    End-------------------------(Elapsed Time: 02:26)--------------------------
    Last edited by Uwe; 07-03-2017 at 07:45 PM. Reason: QUOTE -> CODE

  4. Likes Uwe liked this post
  5. #4
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kjrehsi View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I recently completed a personal project of retrofitting RLS to my 2012 SKODA FL Octavia VRS and it works brilliantly. So recently added a autolight switch and am not sure it is working to the best of its ability. What I mean by this is that it seems confusing as to when it switches the light on / off and the CH/LH lights as well.

    Basically I have notices the following after fitting the AutoLight switch
    1. The lights came on yesterday right after the car wash and then it remained on for a while even with the Sun light directly shinning on the car. :dull:
    The lights came on again after a brief break but this time the sun wasn't shinning but there was still considerable outside light?!?!?
    2. The CH/LH only seem to come on when it is pitch dark? not sure if this is normal behavior as I have seen other VAG cars where if there is still outside light the LH would come on.

    I have noticed in VCDS 09 Centl Elect > RLS there are few settings to adjust the Light threshold (+20% , +40%). But am not sure how they work? Anybody perhaps could guide me on this please?

    these are the settings for my RLS

    Also lastly can you set the sensitivity of when the CH / LH come on??







    It is normal behavior for PQ35 platform cars to act like that. Our second car 2006 Golf Plus does the exact same thing and that has factory fitted RLS and auto lights. It lights CH/LH lights only when it's really dark but driving lights might come on much earlier already.

    I believe the correct selection for the glass type in both cases is AG if the car does not have some special factory fitted glass option. The glass index should be stated in the windscreen glass itself. If you have a replacement glass like Pilkington, you need to dig up the VAG corresponding glass index from Google. I can't remember was it on Pilkingtons web site or not, but they have a table which shows Pilkington glass type correspondance to VAG glass index type. These types have minimal effect on the sensitivity of the RLS though.

    If you did not have RLS earlier, you then most likely have swapped the windscreen to one that has the fixing for rain sensor mirror base?

    Also what type of rain sensor you have? One with four parallelogram (don't know if it's the right word) sensors or one with only one sensor in the middle?

  6. Likes Uwe liked this post
  7. #5
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    @downtime I guess that explains it about the CH / LH lights

    However, I have found a issue with the ADL deactivation.

    The sensor seems to work fine according to the measuring block in VCDS i.e. if I cover or uncover the RLS sensor the frequency of the value changes from 7.0 - 0. Initially the light would go on and go off but it seem now that once the light comes on (i.e. by covering the sensor OR under a brief light shade) it wont go back off till 15-20 mins later :dull:

    I was fiddling with the 'Light Activation Threshold' and it came on when I set it to +60% but when I set it back to 00 the light would stay on probably for another 15-20 mins??

    Am not really sure what the issue is? But seems like it is not sending a signal back to RLS to deactivate the Lights?
    A similar issue reported here http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=417192 however looking at the back of the switch the plug has all 10 wires.

    I also checked the following and it is set to 0 seconds.


  8. #6
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok the light deactivation is not normal for it to take that long. The deactivation time is longer in PQ35 than for example in MQB platform for some reason, but it does not take 15 - 20 minutes for the lights to go off. In our Golf it takes around maybe 5 minutes max if there's bright enough outside.

    Our Golfs coding for RLS if it helps :

    Code:
       Subsystem 2 - Part No: 1K0 955 559 AG  Labels: 1K0-955-559-AG.CLB
       Component: RLS 110608 05  55  0402 
       Coding: 4730BB

  9. Likes kjrehsi, Uwe liked this post
  10. #7
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    Ok the light deactivation is not normal for it to take that long. The deactivation time is longer in PQ35 than for example in MQB platform for some reason, but it does not take 15 - 20 minutes for the lights to go off. In our Golf it takes around maybe 5 minutes max if there's bright enough outside.

    Our Golfs coding for RLS if it helps :

    Code:
       Subsystem 2 - Part No: 1K0 955 559 AG  Labels: 1K0-955-559-AG.CLB
       Component: RLS 110608 05  55  0402 
       Coding: 4730BB
    Thank you I will try changing it to that after work to see if it will work.

    Strangely I noticed this behavior right after the car wash and the lights remained on under direct sunlight for about 15-20 mins of driving. So I cleaned the windscreen lastnight making sure to remove any car wash wax over the sensor. Will report back on behavior tonight.

  11. #8
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    I believe the correct selection for the glass type in both cases is AG if the car does not have some special factory fitted glass option. The glass index should be stated in the windscreen glass itself. If you have a replacement glass like Pilkington, you need to dig up the VAG corresponding glass index from Google. I can't remember was it on Pilkingtons web site or not, but they have a table which shows Pilkington glass type correspondance to VAG glass index type. These types have minimal effect on the sensitivity of the RLS though

    @downtime here is the picture of the windscreen. Its genuine Skoda but not sure how you would make out the index from it?


  12. #9
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's some info about glass markings :

    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ass-codes.html

    I have Pilkington replacement windscreen on my Golf and for that I found the corresponding glass index from Pilkington glass handbook from their website.

    For original glass you should get the correct glass index from Skoda dealer with your VIN number or it could be in the PR code sticker found in the trunk beside spare wheel / puncture repair kit.

    What exactly have you chosen for the light and rain sensor glass index? From the looks of the markings you have normal laminated green glass which would be index AG. So light correction value 45% and rain sensor correction 80%.

    Also this link I think is worth reading :

    http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ptation-values

  13. Likes Uwe, kjrehsi liked this post
  14. #10
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    Here's some info about glass markings :

    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ass-codes.html

    I have Pilkington replacement windscreen on my Golf and for that I found the corresponding glass index from Pilkington glass handbook from their website.

    For original glass you should get the correct glass index from Skoda dealer with your VIN number or it could be in the PR code sticker found in the trunk beside spare wheel / puncture repair kit.

    What exactly have you chosen for the light and rain sensor glass index? From the looks of the markings you have normal laminated green glass which would be index AG. So light correction value 45% and rain sensor correction 80%.

    Also this link I think is worth reading :

    http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ptation-values
    Thanks @downtime for the assistance. I shall change the values this evening and report back on my findings.

    Again the lights are coming on 1-2 hours early before sunset and also seems to remain onn under direct sunlight

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •