Hello folks

The heated seats have always had a fault since I bought the car. The AC used to work even with the seats throwing a code, so I suspect the seat heater fault is unrelated to my current issues.

I'm starting to suspect it's my G65, but I have a question for the group. I have two G65 sensors (my old one, and a new one), but I mixed them up and I'm not sure which is which. They are slightly different: the grey one has a solid nipple in the middle (to depress the check valve) with a tiny hole in the very base of the sensor to measure the pressure (i presume). The other black one has a hollow nipple with a hole in it for pressure measurement. With the car running I did some tests on the signal wire back to the HVAC head (signal wire connected only to voltmeter).

With the black G65 plugged into the high pressure port on the cooler, signal back to HVAC measures 12.3V and 3.6Hz. With the black G65 open to atmosphere it measures 12.3V and 3.6Hz.

With the grey G65 plugged into the high pressure port on the cooler, signal back to HVAC measures 0V and 0Hz. With the grey G65 open to atmosphere it measures 0V and 0Hz.

I can go back and forth multiple times with either G65 and re-create these identical measurements.

I checked the low pressure side of the system and it does have a charge (but reading without the compressor running is not useful). Also, the check valve on the G65 port lets out a little pressure poof everytime I swap sensors.

So I'm thinking both the new and old G65 sensors are pooched. What do you guys think? The G65 sends a square wave reference signal back through the signal wire, correct?

Photo of G65s: https://goo.gl/photos/oHicYP4tZcKVMSWy8