Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2005 MK4 Jetta 2.0 BBW creeping lean condition

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you follow the instructions there's nothing horror about it it's very simple. The only horror there is to it is when the belt breaks you need to buy a cam gear and remove the head for valves. Cam gear 600+ dollars

2. Likes brooklynt3ch11214 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ivagp View Post
    If you follow the instructions there's nothing horror about it it's very simple. The only horror there is to it is when the belt breaks you need to buy a cam gear and remove the head for valves. Cam gear 600+ dollars
    Everywhere I've looked such as Identifix.com, Shopkey, AllData, have very vague timing steps that are translations from VW. Do you know where I can find the factory procedure specifically for the BBW?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post

Erwin and print to PDF after buying a day.
    Checking erWin out now, thanks!

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Timing isn't an issue for these codes you have..............otherwise you would have a DTC & which you don't!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

6. Likes brooklynt3ch11214, ivagp liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Timing isn't an issue for these codes you have..............otherwise you would have a DTC & which you don't!
    I agree, but I still need to do the timing sooner rather than later lol.

8. Likes ivagp liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will say this I agree to disagree. You should start with doing this check, it only takes 2 minutes to do it. part of your initial checks. Your basic checks should start with probably putting in a factory maf, a check of the fuel system including pressure and volume, and a voltage drop. I'm going to leave you alone and for you to check everything that we have talked about Jack and I have bombarded you back and forth and now it's for you to go to work.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ivagp View Post
    I will say this I agree to disagree. You should start with doing this check, it only takes 2 minutes to do it. part of your initial checks. Your basic checks should start with probably putting in a factory maf, a check of the fuel system including pressure and volume, and a voltage drop. I'm going to leave you alone and for you to check everything that we have talked about Jack and I have bombarded you back and forth and now it's for you to go to work.
    I'm getting a factory MAF ordered right now, I also downloaded literally everything from erWin pertaining to this car. Gotta order a fuel pressure tester kit and a couple other things and get to work. The timing belt replacement procedure looks pretty straight forward but I'll need a lift and the tools to do that job. I greatly appreciate all the advice and info. Thank you guys both!

I'll be back this week with an update!

11. Likes ivagp, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think a real Bosch MAF is a good idea or genuine from dealer.........lots of china garbage clones out there.

Make sure this part #06A-906-461T
    Does 06A-906-461T cross reference with 06A-906-461G?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the MAF I currently have on the car is for the BEV 2.0 Part#06A-906-461G

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    bosch #0-280-218-124