Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 MK4 Jetta 2.0 BBW creeping lean condition

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check for exhaust leaks usually the flex. Check for cam correlation should be mvb 93. Usually BBW they don't set the cam timing properly. Also oil pressure dictates cam correlation. Check cam correlation while the engine is cold and after you've been on the freeway about 10 miles check it again actual vs specified.

2. Likes brooklynt3ch11214 liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    OP

Also verify that there is sufficient fuel flow and volume by checking the filter that likes to plug up in the tank of these BBW cars.

I am not liking what you posted for a MAF though...........put a genuine one in.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

4. Likes brooklynt3ch11214, ivagp liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ivagp View Post
    Check for exhaust leaks usually the flex. Check for cam correlation should be mvb 93. Usually BBW they don't set the cam timing properly. Also oil pressure dictates cam correlation. Check cam correlation while the engine is cold and after you've been on the freeway about 10 miles check it again actual vs specified.
    The timing belt has never been replaced on this car. Last I checked it was in good shape. Are they known to jump a tooth?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    OP

Also verify that there is sufficient fuel flow and volume by checking the filter that likes to plug up in the tank of these BBW cars.

I am not liking what you posted for a MAF though...........put a genuine one in.
    Should I grab a Bosch MAF? I'll see about grabbing a filter. I need to grab a few tools to start checking fuel pressure and pull vacuum.

Also, is it wise to grab a Bentley manual for my Jetta? Are they worth the price?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think a real Bosch MAF is a good idea or genuine from dealer.........lots of china garbage clones out there.

Make sure this part #06A-906-461T

Erwin and print to PDF after buying a day is the cheapest route for RTFB.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

8. Likes brooklynt3ch11214, ivagp liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Timing belt is a 60000 mile service on that car. You should change it if it's never been replaced

10. Likes brooklynt3ch11214 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    No they're not known to jump they're known to be off because there is no timing mark on the cam gear you have to remove the valve cover and install some kind of a tool or make your own Gadget and loosen the cam sprocket. But lots of times people are just marking the cam gear and putting the belt back on it might be fine but you must check cam correlation on MVB 93 to verify

12. Likes brooklynt3ch11214 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    No they're not known to jump they're known to be off because there is no timing mark on the cam gear you have to remove the valve cover and install some kind of a tool or make your own Gadget and loosen the cam sprocket. But lots of times people are just marking the cam gear and putting the belt back on it might be fine but you must check cam correlation on MVB 93 to verify
    Yes I've heard many horror stories dealing with timing on the BBW. As far as I know there's nothing timing related wrong with the car, but I'll double check cam and crank correlation again.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    you must check cam correlation on MVB 93 to verify
    What's MVB 93?

*update* Was on phone and couldn't mouse over to determine is was Measuring Value Block.
    Last edited by brooklynt3ch11214; 06-26-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    I think a real Bosch MAF is a good idea or genuine from dealer.........lots of china garbage clones out there.

Make sure this part #06A-906-461T

Erwin and print to PDF after buying a day is the cheapest route for RTFB.
    Okay I'll look up that part number. What's RTFB?

*update* Was on phone and couldn't mouse over to determine is was Read The Fine Book lol
    Last edited by brooklynt3ch11214; 06-26-2017 at 11:23 AM.