2005 MK4 Jetta 2.0 BBW creeping lean condition

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
If you follow the instructions there's nothing horror about it it's very simple. The only horror there is to it is when the belt breaks you need to buy a cam gear and remove the head for valves. Cam gear 600+ dollars

Green's Garage

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=310052
If you follow the instructions there's nothing horror about it it's very simple. The only horror there is to it is when the belt breaks you need to buy a cam gear and remove the head for valves. Cam gear 600+ dollars

Everywhere I've looked such as Identifix.com, Shopkey, AllData, have very vague timing steps that are translations from VW. Do you know where I can find the factory procedure specifically for the BBW?

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
I will say this I agree to disagree. You should start with doing this check, it only takes 2 minutes to do it. part of your initial checks. Your basic checks should start with probably putting in a factory maf, a check of the fuel system including pressure and volume, and a voltage drop. I'm going to leave you alone and for you to check everything that we have talked about Jack and I have bombarded you back and forth and now it's for you to go to work.

Green's Garage

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=310052
I will say this I agree to disagree. You should start with doing this check, it only takes 2 minutes to do it. part of your initial checks. Your basic checks should start with probably putting in a factory maf, a check of the fuel system including pressure and volume, and a voltage drop. I'm going to leave you alone and for you to check everything that we have talked about Jack and I have bombarded you back and forth and now it's for you to go to work.

I'm getting a factory MAF ordered right now, I also downloaded literally everything from erWin pertaining to this car. Gotta order a fuel pressure tester kit and a couple other things and get to work. The timing belt replacement procedure looks pretty straight forward but I'll need a lift and the tools to do that job. I greatly appreciate all the advice and info. Thank you guys both!

I'll be back this week with an update!

Green's Garage

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=310052
Looks like the MAF I currently have on the car is for the BEV 2.0 Part#06A-906-461G

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
bosch #0-280-218-124

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Green's Garage

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=310052

Green's Garage

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=310052
Okay so I got the new MAF installed and have been driving to and from work the past couple days. The long term fuel trim is definitely lower on the lean side than previous but it has settled around 6.9, does this sound normal? Short term fluctuates in response to throttle command as usual, no pending or current dtcs, and overall throttle response feels much more confident than before, as do the gear shifts in stop and go traffic. Before the tranny would hunt in sub 25mph stop and go NYC traffic. I've been using VCDS-Mobile on my iPhone in place of my laptop but will give it a full run down this weekend when I get time.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
:popcorn:.......................oh I guessed the end of this movie too........

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
Jack Be careful not to go around sharp objects

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Jack Be careful not to go around sharp edges

You must of been really bit hard by timing correlation huh IVAGP?

The wrong part was confirmed to be in the car.............

Back