Forum access- Strange happenings!

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
"hmm.......... can some one please explain the connection of this forum with "vbulletin"?

It appears that when I now access the forum - I get a version from "vbulletin" which is different to the past, familiar look-and-feel of the site (I prefer the old livery - but that's a personal thing).

I've found a way to still use the old form of forum by loading 162.84.227, but I'm curious (as an intellectual question) to understand why.

Don

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
vBulletin is the forum software.

I think the appearance difference happens when some cookies get messed up and the software doesn't serve a skin?

At the bottom left of the main forum page, there should be a skin selection drop-box:

lqAdJBE.png

Try resetting it to '--RT' as shown there.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I get that too Don,

It seems to be when I do a Google search for an auto-scan it happens it switch's to the mobile use for dumb phones version.

I just scroll to the bottom of the page and click "FULL SITE" just like I do on my phone......... so I can navigate easier too what I am used to.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^^Thanks lads!!!!

I forgot to mention that I'm using Mozilla - perhaps that's the problem. But your suggestions fixed the problem

Don

Back