Help needed - Can't get windows and sunroof to automatically close when car is locked

Limão

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=222820
Hello,

I own a VW Jetta TSi M.Y. 2013 (Mark VI, chassis type 16), and I'd like to get my windows and sunroof to close when the doors are locked through the remote. I already have it set up so that holding down the lock button on the remote causes the windows and sunroof to close, but I'd like to be able to lock the doors and close the windows and sunroof with one button click.

According to this VWVortex forum thread, I'd have to change the coding on 09 - Centr. Elect., by toggling bit 6 of byte 6. However, this is what byte 6 looks like on my module:

09-CentrElect-BCM-Byte6.png

I also tried to access 46 - Central Conv. to see if this might work but, as expected, the module didn't respond:

46-CentralConv-NoResponse.png

I tried using VCDS Release version 12.12.2 and got the same deal.

So, does anyone know how to do this particular mod?

Cheers!

bambazonke

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240542
Auto closing using one touch could be activated in those Golf V based vehicles that had a separate module 46. Since about 2009 VW excluded this module in the golf based variants and it's functions has been incorporated in the BCM #9 module and it has become a virtual module for communications purposes with other modules hence the response from the software above.

Many owners of Golf 6's Jetta 6's and 2010+ Tiguans have tried to enable this function in the newer 30 Byte #9 BCM module to no avail

Last edited:

Limão

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=222820
Yeah, I tried to get it to work by fiddling around with the BCM in module #9, but no luck. Maybe there's a combination of bits to flip, like in the ESC/ASR OFF mod?

Back