Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HEX-NET Firmware Update Required

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like

HEX-NET Firmware Update Required

Hi,
    My HEX-NET has just alerted me that it needs a " Firmware Update " and that I should log into VCDS Mobile to download the update, but when I log into VCDS Mobile and go to " Update " I get a Time Out error and I cannot make the update.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue or has anyone resolved this issue fo far ?

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Are you running your HEX-NET in AP mode or in Infrastructure mode? It must be in infrastructure mode, connected to a WiFi network that allows it access to the internet and our server in order for it to get updates.

If it's in Infrastructure mode, try [Self-Test] and even [Advanced Network Test] and post up the results please.

-Uwe-

PS: Moved from Pre-Sales to HEX-NET Support.
    Last edited by Uwe; 03-06-2014 at 12:35 PM.

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Are you running your HEX-NET in AP mode or in Infrastructure mode? It must be in infrastructure mode, connected to a WiFi network that allows it access to the internet and our server in order for it to get updates.

If it's in Infrastructure mode, try [Self-Test] and even [Advanced Network Test] and post up the results please.

-Uwe-

All is good now,
    1) I had not downloaded the configuration Utility so I had not setup Infrastructure Mode at all.

2) Once I setup the Wifi using the Security ID etc.. and completed the CLOUD registration it is working fine.

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    P.S The Firmware Update worked first time and the unit is Up To Date

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post

-Uwe-

I am also having the same problem. I am running in infrastructure mode and connected to a wifi network. I use that ip address to acsess vcds mobile with no problem. When clicking options/check for update, it still times out. I tried advanced network test but it just kept running for an hour with no results. I am able to run a scan in mobile but im trying to get vcds working via firmware update. Also note that it never asked me to sign up for the cloud if that helps. Any help woiuld be appreciated! Thanks! Turbovwgti

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It sounds like your HEX-NET can't find its way to the outside world from your WiFi network. The question is: Why?

Are you allowing it to DHCP onto your network or did you by chance manually assign it a static IP?

-Uwe-

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbovwgti View Post
    I am also having the same problem. I am running in infrastructure mode and connected to a wifi network. I use that ip address to acsess vcds mobile with no problem. When clicking options/check for update, it still times out. I tried advanced network test but it just kept running for an hour with no results. I am able to run a scan in mobile but im trying to get vcds working via firmware update. Also note that it never asked me to sign up for the cloud if that helps. Any help woiuld be appreciated! Thanks! Turbovwgti
    I completed the Firmware update by connecting the HEX-NET to the laptop with the USB cable and while still using the HEX-NET in Infrastructure mode the Firmware Update worked perfect first time..
    So I guess the USB cable must be connected in order to carry out Firmware Updates..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No, there's no reason why a USB connection should be required to do a firmware update.

-Uwe-

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok,
    Does the Cloud registration have to be completed before the Firmware Update can be downloaded as I think I completed the Cloud registration before I completed the Firmware Update.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No, it doesn't.

-Uwe-