VW TOUAREG 2013 EPB ISSUE

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The air gaps readinggs on VCDS are now 3.8 and 3.9 respectively. i don't know how they changed so much because i did not touch anything near the wheel...
do i need to go there and adjust them manually? any tutorials / writeups on how to do what?

Well, 3.8 and 3.9 would explain why the procedure won't take.

Yes, I think you will have to adjust them mechanically. There are some pictures here. Note that you do not have to remove the rotors to make this adjustment; the rotor got pulled for those pictures to show the adjuster.

Please also see the Special Notes section at the bottom of this page.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I would strongly recommend cleaning and lubricating caliper piston and running the piston in and out manually several times before setting the final manual position.
Then do adaptation.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I would strongly recommend cleaning and lubricating caliper piston and running the piston in and out manually several times before setting the final manual position.
Then do adaptation.
The caliper piston has nothing to do with the EPB on the 7P Touareg, Jack. ;)

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Opps......that's what I get for skimming.
I still prefer to remove rotor combination drum and still clean & lube all stuff up when setting up this EPB too.

Here in NY they use a brine solution on road for winter and it absolutely is warranted to take apart clean and lubricate from excessive corrosion caused.

Reactions: Uwe

amizan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=340128
So i removed the wheels, i had to remove the rotor too to access the adjuster screw for the air gaps (could not access it through any holes in the rotor) but the problem is that when i am adjusting, VCDS gives me no real-time readings on the air gaps pre or post-calibration in the advanced measuring values. I put everything back in and i took it for a drive. then i was able to see some "pre-calibration" values but without putting it all back together, how do i get real-time air-gap values?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I would expect it to be these Measuring values:
IDE04435-MAS01849 -- Air gap - Left (mm)
IDE04435-MAS01850 - Air gap - Right (mm)

But I would also expect you'd have to actuate the EPB a few times for the module to calculate the gap, meaning the rotor would have to be installed.

-Uwe-

Back