Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: chain drive 2.0T driving me up the wall

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I was unclear. It doesn't give any trouble when starting cold.. it's only hard to start after a hot shutdown, and only if it's idling smoothly upon shutdown.

Wouldn't oil pressure be sky high when cold if the bypass valve is stuck?

Not always depends on how it is stuck............double edge sword!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok so to put an end to this (I completely forgot about this thread), the issue ended up being in the camshaft adjuster itself. I happened to be at my local machine shop and was telling him about it, and he had a complete engine with a bottom end problem and let me take basically whatever I needed. I swapped out the intake camshaft and it's as good as new again..

I pulled the cam adjuster apart ad the vanes were all scored badly (like a worn out air ratchet motor), and the hole for the locking pin was completely trashed.

Thank you everyone who had solid advice on troubleshooting..

3. Likes Jack@European_Parts, ivagp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the follow up...........

Post 4 .............

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...ll=1#post96441
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I had a feeling that's where the issue was but really didn't want to toss parts at it, especially expensive ones.. Unfortunately it's not really straightforward testing it since there aren't pressure test ports anywhere in the control circuit. I'm just glad it's back to the customer running properly

6. Likes Jack@European_Parts, ivagp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For being awesome in the field of awesomness; I'd love you to post some pictures of the faulty cam adjuster, please.

8. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully you have all the tools to set it up? There are 2 variants on the chain tensioner also. I have repair instructions...... regards Danners

Post Thanks / Like
    You know that even though the OP didn't post pictures yet.......... I will almost bet that the adjusters internal failure was due to sludge from oil being contaminated by turbo coking and gasoline.

All it takes is a small particle and these engines are immediately not very happy.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    so I just noticed the replies now (somehow got zero alerts/emails about new replies).

Zenerdiode- I'll see if I still have the old adjuster in my scrap pile.. It might still be there.. If it is I'll take some pictures

Danners74- Maybe it was missed in my first post, but I have the tools and am aware of the different tensioners. I'm no stranger to these unfortunately

Jack- As I stated more than once, there was ZERO sludge anywhere in the engine..

12. Likes Zenerdiode liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack- As I stated more than once, there was ZERO sludge anywhere in the engine..
    http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...ll=1#post96533

Sure that is possible if the oil was mixed with contaminated gasoline........

Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there!

I think this guy puts the old stuff in perspective, but as technology commenced the same crap happens in all TSI & TFSI HPP pumps or from injectors sticking, further causing all kinds of issues for the sump and internal components which can't to deal with when oil becomes a "solvent"!

Carbon + engine death & destruction of all AECD's are a result.
    http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...ll=1#post96471

It really is best to know how something operates.

OP did you get your update?

Address 01: Engine (CCT) Labels: 06J-906-026-CCT.clb
    Part No SW: 06J 906 026 AG HW: 06J 906 026 AF
    Component: MED17.5 TFSI 2,0 3319<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 4061 or higher!

NostraJackAss Has Spoken!
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 01-10-2018 at 12:47 PM.