Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 skoda octavia drl problem

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Looks like your drl work fine now, is that right?
    Have you checked tail lights? Did you install LED aftermarket bulbs which might cause this fault to appear?
    I would check connector on taillights for any sign of corrosion or loose connections.

Regards
    Jocker01

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mattft86 View Post
    I forgot to say my front drls are the factory fitted LED type
    This factory LED modules aren't fault free and they might have fail. If problem remain I would take them out, open them up and try to repair them with soldering iron. I had to do this repair on my 3rd stop strip which was failing and I have no issue since.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I don't use LED bulbs I have since got the rear lights working by changing the byte18 coding. The front LED drls work fine when I do a vcds lamp test. I now think it's to do with coding but I cannot work it out.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you've been changing byte 18 then you may have lost the correct lighting configuration for your car.

Where in the UK are you as VCDS might not be able to fix this.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Croydon South London

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another new problem the tyre pressure monitor is now not working I think I let a tyre down and it didn't warn me it was low. It's coded on under instruments is that the only place it's coded?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattft86 View Post
    Another new problem the tyre pressure monitor is now not working I think I let a tyre down and it didn't warn me it was low. It's coded on under instruments is that the only place it's coded?
    How much did you let it down and how far did you drive the car with one down?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The TPMS system on the MK2 Octavia is an indirect system, it relies on the ABS module noticing the rolling radius of a tyre changing when compared to the other three. Depending on road conditions and pressure drop, it can take a while to notify the driver as alluded to by Uwe.

It also has coding in the ABS module but that looks correct on your vehicle.

I don't think I know of anyone with the right equipment for lighting configuration on your car in South London. I'm in Cambridge if you can't find anyone closer.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    About 3-4psi and drove about a mile.

I have the same on vcds byte16 bit 1 but mine is not ticked top pic.
    https://a.d-cd.net/af17652s-960.jpg

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The image you have posted is for a different ABS module and a different instrument cluster.

In the full autoscan you posted, byte 16 in the ABS controller is 34 and I believe bit 2 is TPMS so it's activated.