1996 passat GLX won't record readiness

hans j

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=60436
Bits are either not ready in channels, ready static in DCY locked until key flip or DTC/recoded or ADP cleared.
The condition you state above is not possible unless the ECU is tampered or test isn't static complete.

Which is exactly why I had to ask if I was missing anything. I can set 100's in there all day long (yes, all of the tests were passing) and they weren't recording the readiness was set. I'll see if I can get a video of it for you.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Which is exactly why I had to ask if I was missing anything. I can set 100's in there all day long (yes, all of the tests were passing) and they weren't recording the readiness was set. I'll see if I can get a video of it for you.

Joahnn,

You might not be and it may very well be as you are stating being FOD, it's just there has to be a reason.
I can tell you this.......... I have made it a mission from day one to know how and why R tests will or won't pass.
Uwe will back me up here, this stuff I know pretty cold.

Don't think I don't appreciate your feedback either, because I have already gone out to a car and ran the tests in a 021-906-259B version 4 and 5 software checking it to back up my claim. I verified it runs as I stated on road and I can even do the tests in the bay without a road test by manipulating the cat temps hot to force it in FORCE R procedure non driven.

hans j

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=60436
I've been able to do that as well, except the 125 O2 sensor test is sometimes difficult to pass, but I've done it in the bay too. Like I said, I've never had this much of a problem with setting a car. I know how to read the binary bits to tell me if the test will run or not and when it is actually testing. I'll add your MBV to the list I made 15 years ago and used without issue on Mk3(or A3...) and B4 cars, just to make sure if I have a difficult one I have everything covered.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Sometimes I come across like a prick but it's to keep things interesting. :rolleyes:
You have no idea how many supposed professionals & are in fact dumbass's ........& have no clue I see on a daily!

Good to see someone else is looking at the blocks.........

Back