2006 Audi S4- Misfiring, Lights flickering, battery voltage reading .5V lower

04_sti

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230582
So where do i begin. The car was brought to me with a bad SAIP. The customer wanted to get the car inspected and couldnt because the SAIP wouldnt turn on causing the readiness to fail emissions. So i was able to track down that the previous owner had cut the wiring out and incorrectly hooked up the new wiring to the relay. He ran the positive wiring to the incorrect side of the relay and 40a fuse. I corrected it, got readiness to set and all was good. Ran good, no problems, no codes, GREAT!

A week goes by and the customer calls me stating the car is running poorly and lights are flickering. I go meet him and verify its misfiring, the lights are flickering, and the battery voltage is roughly a .5V lower in Vagcom then at the battery. I dig around to find whats causing it and cant find anything. I replaced the engine ground under the car because it was all frayed and cut up. Didnt do anything. Reseated the coilpacks and harnesses. Nothing. Removed the battery and tested fine.

Im at a loss. Where should i look now? I will post an autoscan later tonight.

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

Im at a loss. Where should i look now? I will post an autoscan later tonight.

- I would suggest looking at the factory repair manuals next and locating all the power and ground connections that maybe related to your concerns.

Official Factory Repair Information

And as you stated, posting an Auto-Scan is helpful too.

Hope this helps,

drpeter

Reactions: Uwe
Back