Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TDI 18447/P2015/008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack, are you aware that a guy in Texas has engineered a little P2015 fix bracket that both fixes and prevents this problem. It's less that $65, and relatively easy to install.

Have Fun!

Don

Don,

I am and are you aware my idea costs people less time, since Intake flap cover can be removed & can be center punched/drilled and installed in the car in place and for less than 50 Cents versus $65 USD & total time 5 minutes or at most half hour for a moron?

Did you also know I make nothing on this mod & is given freely?

Did you know you can tap a hole with a small bolt installed and add a cam leaver with jam not & so anyone can dial in adjustment for guys that are bad at measuring things too?

Do you know how many guys call after they broke the linkage rod or lost spring story when doing the way you pointed too?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Don,

I am and are you aware my idea costs people less time, since Intake flap cover can be removed & can be center punched/drilled and installed in the car in place and for less than 50 Cents versus $65 USD & total time 5 minutes or at most half hour for a moron?

Did you also know I make nothing on this mod & is given freely?

Did you know you can tap a hole with a small bolt installed and add a cam leaver with jam not & so anyone can dial in adjustment for guys that are bad at measuring things too?

Do you know how many guys call after they broke the linkage rod or lost spring story when doing the way you pointed too?
    Jack
    A simple "yes" would have been sufficient, but since you asked:
    I was not aware of your "fix" when I had the P2015 issue years before this thread was started. It would have saved me money.
    I am not a mechanic, so I do not have your experience. I'm just a retired computer nerd.
    A friend and I (he is a mechanic, an aircraft mechanic) installed the DG fix bracket on his car and mine in 2014 (I think). He did the mechanic work and I used VCDS to measure the position of the actuator. I realize that the spring is easy to lose if you're not careful, but if you know what you are doing the bracket can be installed without removing anything except for one screw in 10 minutes or less.
    Please forgive my feeble attempt at being helpful.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. Your link in post 1 is broken (connection timed out).
    Last edited by JSWTDI09; 02-27-2020 at 12:35 AM.

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JSWTDI09 View Post
    I realize that the spring is easy to lose if you're not careful, but if you know what you are doing the bracket can be installed without removing anything except for one screw in 10 minutes or less.
    Please forgive my feeble attempt at being helpful.
    Personally, I would feel more comfortable with a bolt-on than drilling into the thing.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

5. Likes JSWTDI09 liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was just an alternate approach is what I'm saying and cheaper.
    Some people are not nerds with a full wallet of credit cards & don't have the money either. They can drill a hole though or find a friend that can.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........