Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Audi S3 DSG Transmission Problem P2711 - Any Input Appreciated!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

2015 Audi S3 DSG Transmission Problem P2711 - Any Input Appreciated!

Hello Everyone,
    I own a 2015 Audi S3 with 56,000 miles. A week ago I experienced a problem with my transmission. I connected my VCDS and it gave some trouble codes. Here's a little history of my car: meticulously maintained (Audi Care serviced for 5000, 15000, 25000, 35000 and 45000 miles) with oil changes in between done by myself (Liqui Moly). Besides a cold air intake the car is NOT modified at all - completely stock. I had the car towed to my original dealership and they did NOTHING to the car for three days. I spoke with the service writer and he told me "they're trying to diagnose the problem". I asked him several questions, including a list of any DTC's they may have pulled and he had nothing. Had the car towed to my new home in Florida and spoke with the Service Director of the dealership nearest me. He told me to have the vehicle towed to him (at my own expense) and for a $365 diagnostic fee, he'd see what was wrong with the car but made no promises. I contacted Audi of America to see if they'd attempt a "goodwill repair' once we found out what was wrong, but they were not very helpful nor did they seem too "motivated" to assist me. I drove the car around the block but it is stuck in first gear (limp mode i guess) and will not let me shift manually. The transmission doesn't grind or clunk, and i am able to engage reverse for a brief period of time before the car goes into limp mode again.

I am just requesting a little guidance so to speak on how to troubleshoot some of the sensors, check the clutch packs, check the mecatronic, etc. I used the VCDS but it appears my transmission (OD9, DQ250) won't allow me to choose measuring blocks. I'm trying to narrow down the problem myself and "pinpoint" what's wrong. I'm hoping it's a sensor or maybe one of the valves // solenoids on the mecatronic unit. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance !!

Code:
           Address 02: Auto Trans       Labels: 0D9-927-770.clb
    Control Module Part Number: 0D9 300 012 L    HW: 02E 927 770 AQ
      Component and/or Version: DQ250-6A MQB  H53 4521
               Software Coding: 0014
                Work Shop Code: WSC 04742 780 00200
                  ASAM Dataset: EV_TCMDQ250021 001001 (AU37)
                           ROD: EV_TCMDQ250021.rod
                          VCID: 1F18EABC573249FF343-804A
    5 Faults Found:

21148 - Gear 2 
              P0732 00 [072] - Incorrect Ratio
              Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00000001
                        Fault Priority: 0
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Mileage: 91016 km
                        Date: 2017.04.26
                        Time: 17:36:50

21150 - Gear 4 
              P0734 00 [072] - Incorrect Ratio
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Mileage: 91003 km
                        Date: 2017.04.20
                        Time: 15:40:27

21152 - Gear 6 
              P0729 00 [072] - Incorrect Gear Ratio
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Time: 15:41:07

21181 - Unexpected / Implausible Mechanical Gear Disengagement 
              P2711 00 [200] - -
              MIL ON - Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Frequency: 5
                        Mileage: 90998 km
                        Time: 15:06:47

21188 - Unexpected / Implausible Mechanical Gear Disengagement 
              P2711 00 [072] - -
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Frequency: 2
                        Time: 15:41:05
    Last edited by Uwe; 04-29-2017 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Fixed CODE tags

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Your TCU uses the UDS protocol; use Advanced Measuring Values instead of Measuring Blocks.

Since you say the car has been meticulously maintained, I'm going to assume that the oil in the DSG has been changed at least once?

The thing that usually fails on the DSG is the Mechatronic....

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes lordjop liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes the DSG Fluid was changed by the dealership at 35,000 miles. I am not sure if they did the adaptation. There is a popular website that shows a DSG DIY and they simply drained the fluid, measured what came out, then filled the same amount back into the system. Someone in the comments area of that video questioned why they didnt use a VCDS and the author stated "this is how we did it when i worked at the dealership".

I looked at the advanced function but wasn't sure what to input. I wanted to compare input and output shaft speeds, check the clutch temp sensors, etc. I logged onto the audi repair website but i cant get odis access to run diagnostics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    In the selection dialog that pops up when you open Advanced Measuring Values, there's a search/filter box. Type "temp" (without the quotes) and you should easily find "Transmission fluid temperature" and a number of others. Similarly, if you type "speed", you should find a number of values with descriptions. Then just put a check mark in the box next to the ones you actually want to see.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes lordjop liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really appreciate all of your help ! I did exactly as you said and was able to play around and test some of the sensors. At this point i think it's either the clutch packs (incorrect ratio for gears 2,3,6) or the mechatronic unit itself. I was also able to go onto the Audi Erwin website and download the repair manuals. I've been reading and i don't think there is a direct way to test the solenoids or valves without removing the mechatronic unit.

I'll keep you posted but it appears that i'll have to take it to an indie shop. Having just moved, i have limited access to my tools and time is limited due to my work schedule.

Thanks again for an awesome product and your help!

8. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that can be good faith warrantied no?

I would call Audi customer care to see.............
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really, REALLY appreciate everyone's input so far. You guys have been great! I have ZERO confidence in any of these dealerships. This is the reason i purchased a VCDS in the first place, so i could do my OWN repairs. It's killing me because i'm renting a car now and i'm waiting for my tools to arrive here. The ONLY reason i took out Audi Care (pre-paid maintenance) was to avoid any issues with repairs during the warranty period. Lucky me, the car is 6,000 miles PAST warranty. I originally took the vehicle to Audi of Someplace in Suffolk County, Long Island. My car was towed there, arriving Thursday evening. The service manager took my keys, and told me he'd call me sometime, not even offering a ride or a cab back home. So the car sat there all day Friday and all day Saturday. Once i spoke with the service guy on Monday he told me they couldn't find any fault codes and they'd have to "look into it more". Right there i knew he was lying to me (that and the fact the car was in the SAME spot collecting dust) , so i had my car towed to my new home in Florida.

The indie shop where the car is now told me they believe the fluid might be dirty. This confirms my original statement in which i SUSPECT the dealership did not perform the proper adaptation procedure during the DSG fluid change. Which is WHY i am so apprehensive about bringing my car to the dealer in the FIRST place. I'm pretty confident that any "deal" the dealership would make with me, would be to run up a massive repair bill, then offer to "split" the difference with me in "good faith". I read a thread within the Ross Tech forums about someone that attempted a goodwill repair, got the run around from the dealership and Audi of America, then ended paying out of pocket anyway. I don't trust ANY of these dealerships for service. Period. Audi of America was totally useless as well, offering ZERO help or sympathy.

So that's where i stand. The mechanic of the indie shop wants to drain and refill the DSG fluid and change the filter. Then take it from there. I've read also it might be an issue with the mechanical clutches, but we'll see what happens next.

I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again !

11. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OP....Do me a favor & post the entire auto-scan please........
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

13. Likes Eric liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am under the impression that the vag group had extended the warranty on dsg for 10 years in the US and China.

15. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/images/...-extension.pdf

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

Fill out a report at very least and shove it right up their ass.
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 05-04-2017 at 08:17 AM.

17. Likes lordjop liked this post