Support for new products

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_Zul

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing the Micro-CAN Interface and have a few questions about technical support. I just purchased a 2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI/Sunroof/Nav
  1. Does the support include help in coding tweaks like windows up/down with key fob, or is the support strictly to diagnose codes?
  2. I realize the product is usable for unlimited VINs but is the support for various VINs also? I have a brother and father that have newer VWs and they are not technical so I would be tweaking their cars also.
  3. Where would this support occur? I don't see much of this type of traffic on your forums here.

Thanks!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Does the support include help in coding tweaks like windows up/down with key fob, or is the support strictly to diagnose codes?
If we know how to do a particular tweak on the car in question, then it does. The problem these days is that the same model and year of car can have a number of different variants of control modules installed in it, and they may not all accept the same tweaks.

I realize the product is usable for unlimited VINs but is the support for various VINs also? I have a brother and father that have newer VWs and they are not technical so I would be tweaking their cars also.
What year and model VWs do they have?

Where would this support occur? I don't see much of this type of traffic on your forums here.
Here. We are trying to consolidate it from e-mails and a plethora of forums the world over to this form, which is only about 6 months old. One might also take the fact that there's not much traffic of this type as an indication that simple tweaks don't really require much support. ;)

-Uwe-

D_Zul

Reaction score
What year and model VWs do they have?

-Uwe-

My brother has a 2012 Jetta sedan TDI and my father has a 2013 Passat SEL TDI.

Thanks for the answers! I read a few other forums and it seems I cannot find clear specific answers for my JSW, because I don't think there are a whole lot of them in circulation and because it's kind of a mix between a mark 5 and a mark 6 which confuses me regarding what info I should relay on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back