Not open for further replies.

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
My biggest issue with all those tablets is currently usability in combination with VCDS, I think that is something we really need to look at sooner or later. Some buttons/fields are too small, sometimes the sliders and checkboxes are just hard/impossible to reach...

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
Sure, but Surface Pro tablets tend to be a bit pricy for most people.
Well, not really, especially when you consider that the Surface Pro is actually a genuine computer, not just an oversized smartphone masquerading as a computer.

I have seen posts in this discussion where participants have stated that they have bought new tablet computers for $59 or $80 - good grief, I didn't think you could even buy a decent 4 function calculator for that price, let alone a computer that will run a contemporary version of the Microsoft Windows OS, which I understand is the platform VCDS is designed to operate on.

Michael

fibrizo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=156569
Yup -- that's how you make the classic VCDS more mobile on the cheap. :D

BTW if you get the microcenter coupon they mail to you, the tablet becomes 39.99, with free micro SDHC are lol.

I just keep it in the car with my cable now under the seat. 40$ upgrade to VCDS mobile.

On that note, Ross-tech should just buy up a bunch and sell a package to people at a slight markup. And is there a possibility for a touch friendly interface for regular VCDS as an option?

As for VCDS on a surface pro, I have a surface pro 3. I used to run VCDS from a macbook air 11 inch running windows. I got extremely lazy about hauling them out to the car to do work, and they're too valuable/expensive to just leave in the car as a tool. For 40$, I'll pay for a dedicated VCDS tablet, especially one with a full usb port, and a charging port.

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back