Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stage 2 Tune made my GTI 1.8T go bonkers! Please help

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the ecu for my car is 06A 906 032 LP, but was originally born with an 06A 906 032 HS. I think the 'HS' version has been superseded by the 'LP'.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, we have the flashing tool. The stock flash file was put back in (numerous times). What I was trying to say is that it doesn't matter. Once the ecu is flashed, it seems that it is never truly stock again; no matter how many times you flash it back to stock.

Ahhhh ahhhhh ahhhh

Nope............. other than burn count or if the x-sum of your file is maybe........... fubar.

Yes the HS goes to LP in the etka but you could of asked a dealer that question and should have.

That ecu is also retailed at over 900 USD..........

You will achieve nothing by continuing this diagnostic path because it is pointless.

3. Likes jakematic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I did ask the dealer. I spoke to a guy there that sounded like he had been on the job for about 3 hours. He did not convey any confidence with the information he was telling me. That is the reason I came on hear; to ask these questions to seasoned professionals. I can't fork out the cash for a new ecu, however I will find another one through the auto wrecker. They're much cheaper there. I don't mind installing a used ecu for an eighth of the cost. They have worked well in the past. Just the last two we've ordered have been tuned. Found an LP ecu that's stock. Will install soon and then start the mechanical diagnoses. I strongly feel that it will be non productive to diagnose the mechanical issues with the current ecu (been tuned before). Need to start fresh with a stock ecu.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    STOP!

Just have them flashed to stock and checked out.................if they are damaged, it may give insight to what is wrong in the car verse installing another ecu and damaging it again.................. since you have an obvious sporadic condition.
    Look at the old damaged ones.........what is happening?

Respectfully your diagnostic path is very poor and should be rethought..............

Send me the old units or at the very least the stock file you have been using for flashing to see if it is consistent.

6. Likes jakematic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a wiring problem in the car. Replacing wires.
    Different question;
    I installed a double din monsoon cd player from a 03' Passat (found it at a wrecker over a year ago). Part # 1JM 035 157K.
    Since the 2003 vw's are based on a can bus system, would and could the stereo wreak havoc on my car (2002 gti 1.8t)?
    I'm quite certain my car has ISO-9141

Post Thanks / Like
    Jack, thought I'd throw you a message regarding the car and give and update. Wiring turned out to not be the problem. The monsoon deck appears to not be the problem either. We replaced throttle body with a good used one. Fault codes for throttle actuator seem to be gone. It seems the throttle body went bad. We opened it up and looked at a few of the moving parts. Nothing seemed too out of place. Probably something on the motherboard/ electrical.
    Last edited by 30secondgti; 12-12-2014 at 01:46 PM.