New Communication problems

j2112morris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=347311
I was attempting to change the rear brakes on my 2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus and ran into communication problem. If I have my Hex-V2 only connected to the computer, it will show as ready but unable to communicate. Once I plug into my car, I hear the computer identify something was connected but when I attempt to run a scan, test or otherwise, I am told there is no communication. I have tried multiple time to use it just as I have in the past but I cannot get it to work. Curious item of note is my mouse touchpad stops responding when I connect the car and the computer.

I did not have this problem last week when I completed the 75k service (includes fuel filter and oil change.)

I am using an HP laptop running Win 7.

Any help of where to look to identify and correct the problem, is greatly appreciated.

Drive safe.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
There have been a few reports of touch-pad software interfering with HEX-NET and HEX-V2 interfaces, which enumerate as HID devices to Windows. You might want to try disabling the touch-pad software.

Also please observe and report the behavior of the LEDs on the HEX-V2 when:
* Just plugged into your PC (but not a car)
* Just plugged into a your car (but not a PC)
* Plugged into both.

-Uwe-

j2112morris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=347311
Only computer - Initial blinking green then switches to blinking blue

Car only - Initial blinking green the blinking yellow (key off) or Initial blinking green and then blinking yellow (key on)

Both connected - Flashing Red/Green during scan

Everything seems to be fine now. I ran a general scan for faults and none were identified.

My battery voltage is just varies between 11.7 and 12.3 and it is the original battery (5 yrs old.) Could this be the issue?

Thank you for your help.

j2112morris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=347311
Just for verification, when attempting to complete the brake job, my battery was hooked to a charger providing 750ma.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
my battery was hooked to a charger providing 750ma.
That's a very low output charger (really only a trickle charger), you may want to consider something with a higher output of at least 5A.

Reactions: Uwe
Back