Activation of off road functions

bonoman68

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=262596
How to activate OFF ROAD FUNCTIONS in MIBII fitted car?

Thx

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
How to activate OFF ROAD FUNCTIONS in MIBII fitted car?

Thx

bonoman: Here's an extract from my tweak instructions on VWW (thanks again Morde)

Off Road Display - Instructions:
WARNING: VCDS users that have a HEX+CAN, or Micro CAN Cable please note that this tweak (and any tweaks) on MIBII units (address Hex5F) should only be implemented with Ross Tech software version 15.7.3 (or later).

REQUIREMENT: This tweak will only work on MIBII units that have SATNAV installed (don't bother trying if a SATNAV is not present).

Step 1. On Select Control Module screen click "Select"
Step 2. Select 5F-information Elect
Step 3. Go to step 4- Note: I've had reports from some forum colleagues that a security code was needed. If the adaptation channel settings in Step 5 are locked:
Step 3A. Go back to the Open Controller screen and select Security Access-16
Step 3B. Enter the magic number 31347 (if this doesn't work- exit RT software, wait a while with the ignition-on and try 20103)​
Step 4. Select Adaptation-10
Step 5. Change the following adaptation channels:
(81)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass - set to active (default not active)
(83)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass_over_threshold_high - set to active (default not active)
(41)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-compass_0x15 - set to active (default not active)​
Exit the Ross Tech software
Step 6. Reset the MIB unit - press and hold the ON/OFF button on the infotainment unit for greater than 10 seconds.

Remember to do the last step- the tweak won't work without it! When the tweak is completed you should get these screens (in English if you are in an Anglo-Celtic country like USA)

G7BK2OY.jpg

Cheers
Don

Last edited:

bonoman68

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=262596
Got it to work thx!!!

Reactions: Uwe

pbrowne

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=237952
Just to clarify this function and how cool it is...

Each of the three dials initially shows a compass. Swipe up or down on each dial to change it to show altitude, water or oil temp, or lateral inclinometer, or compass.

welshkaiboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
H11-2H
FYI:- I enabled this in my MK2 Tiguan with no issues (albeit a few months ago and I don't really use it).

golfman

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=103115
Is this only for discover media (pro) units or can it work on these?

cheers

scott

golfman

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=103115
The answer is NO i tried it this morning and there is nothing on the unit to allow me to activate it anywhere...

scott

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
What you hve there is a Discover Media PQ and is not a MIB(2) unit. It's architecture is quite identical to the one found in the RNS-510. Both contain just one module that keeps everything. However the look and feel is meant to be the same as the MIB units. But it's still a vastly different device.

Geraout

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=71425
Would be much appreciated if you could post the same instructions for an MIB3 equipped car please?

Szogun

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=403301
Is this only for discover media (pro) units or can it work on these?

cheers

scott
It will work on MIB PQ, but only on versions with navigation :)
What you hve there is a Discover Media PQ and is not a MIB(2) unit. It's architecture is quite identical to the one found in the RNS-510. Both contain just one module that keeps everything. However the look and feel is meant to be the same as the MIB units. But it's still a vastly different device.
I disagree.
MIB STD2 PQ is a way better than RNS-510, and very more similar to MIB2.
I think the one main differences is MIB PQ hasn't official car menu. It can be activated - but only few settings will work.
On the other way MIB PQ have: Android Auto, Car Play, DAB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth (3.0+HS), capacitive (not resistive) touchscreen supporting multitouch.

Mianch

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=563164
How about MIB3? Does that work?

Herby_017

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=551085
Was looking for absolute temperature readings on the coolant. This works great on 2019 Mk2 tiguan! :thumbs:.

Last edited:
Back