Impeachment - now it begins.............

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ Thought that I would provide space for an interesting development up there in USA given that I just heard on the news the official statement about impeachment plans.

Seems that Nancy has changed her mind in previous stances regarding the action -to do with the Ukraine scandal and the whistle-blower's revelation. ("Presidential Harassment" - apparently)

As I understand - for conviction, it still needs 19 x Republicans in the Senate to support the action after it passes the House of Representatives - how likely is it for even 1 Republican to switch? So Nancy's actions appear to be counter productive if it doesn't work because Trump can claim vindication again - like he did after the Mueller investigation.

Doesn't matter.... let the games commence!!! It's much better than another season of West Wing (I suspect that Aaron Sorkin is watching events with renewed interest)!!:popcorn:

Don

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
1msfU.gif

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ I'm confused (again) - I had understood that the Director of National Intelligence isn't required to get Trumps support to give Congress the whistleblower complaint :By law it is required to do so within seven days of the report being created.

Isn't this the whole point of wistle-blower legislation: that it's entirely removed from the political machine - if release of a whistle-blower's revelations is subject to the White house's approval - what's the point of making the complaint?

Doesn't the fact that Trump now has made a public statement about his approval torelease the documentation run counter to the DNI's obligations? And doesn't it paint the Trump administration in somewhat of a murky position?

Don

PS:the plot thickens - man this is good!!! :thumbs:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Maybe it's a political dumpster fire & to sell advertising on all news networks and a grand plan to put Liz Warren in pole position?

People may indeed get what they don't expect in the inverse again, huh?

Fulfill the profit point and make your wish!

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^^ arrhhh...... you rank Ms Warren over the former Vic President? Courageous early call - even more courageous big call!!!!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
I would triple check that pdf for any virus/malware/listening devices for the nsa.

Good way for the gubment to infect (or re-infect) everyone's devices, not that they don't already have other ways.

It's not paranoia, if they are really out to get you.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Trump supporters, prepare for your firmware update:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...s-trump-faces-impeachment-lachlan-murdoch/amp

Leaked release notes:

1. Unlimited absolute Trump support retconned; replaced with retroactive "always had concerns" and "was never a true Republican".

2. New default position of "it's time to move on, stop being so divisive, let our country heal".

3. Temporary adjustment of behavioral pattern probability weighting, toward silence (to be rolled back in next update).

4. Perpetual persecuted victimhood level increased 20% to further reduce vulnerability to unapproved outside information sources and ease migration to new candidate.

Back