Calling DrPeter - Engine Coolant Thread

C-12

Reaction score
Dr. Peter has a thread here: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?20182-Engine-Coolant-There-is-a-Difference!!

regarding VW Group Coolant.

I am trying to find the correct engine coolant type for my 2019 Audi S4.

I have the service manual which states G12evo coolant (Part: G12E100M2) was introduced and used starting in 2019.

However I made a couple phone calls to Audi dealerships and they are using G13 Coolant in all Audi vehicles other than the Audi e-tron.

Audi has not been able to provide technical support beyond dealership technicians. I know this is a Ross-Tech hijack, but Dr. Peters thread is the only one like it in existence. I was hoping to get some clarity from the man himself. Thanks!

6ZsUEm1h.jpg

FdMq0erh.jpg

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Moving to General VW/Audi Repair.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Post an auto-scan with full VIN number, use partslink24 or contact your VAG dealer yet?
How on earth would an Auto-Scan help answer his question? The VIN maybe, but a scan?

I moved this to General VW/Audi Repair specifically because it has nothing to do with VCDS.

-Uwe=-

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

drpeter is in the house.. ;)

So... I would be careful when listening to the Audi dealerships and I do not mean to be disrespectful, however....

Being an ex-dealer tech (both Audi and Volkswagen) I can safely say that sometimes information from Audi of America, Inc. does not make it down to all dealer personnel and then wrong or misleading information/advice can sometimes be given to the customers.

In 2018, Audi of America, Inc came out with a Technical Service Bulletin that your dealership has access to and it explains the Engine Coolants and the proper use and mixing of different coolants. You can search the internet for the TSB and see for yourself.

- Search for . . .
19 Identifying and mixing factory fill engine coolants (2025303/8)

PartsLink24.com says ....

ebhPdhr.jpg

Your dealer's parts department can see the same information in the ETKA parts catalog system.

Bottom line is I trust what the Audi repair manuals and Technical Service Bulletins say, because this information is in print and it therefor can be deemed more reliable than a verbal recommendation from a dealership ... "Trust... but verify"

Hope this helps,

drpeter

Last edited:

C-12

Reaction score
Wonderful! I appreciate your help and I'm happy to hear we share the same thoughts regarding the TSB vs dealership technical advice. I felt maybe I was going crazy in regards to the answers I was receiving.

I spoke with 2 separate dealerships and 2 Audi customer service representatives (1 via online chat and 1 by phone) and every single one would fall back on the G13 Coolant.

Upon your advice, I found the newest TSB 2025303/10. This clearly states MY19 and on use G12evo. In fact, looks like they have completely removed the mixing tables in regards to mixing previous coolants with G12evo.

IeaWdTEh.jpg

rGiFIjTh.jpg

cEQ5kiwh.jpg

Back