Get distance value from bare ACC-Sensor

chrhelm

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=382651
Try to convert CC in a car without any CAN to ACC using VW ACC sensor.

Attempt 1)
Simulate a whole car.
- I dont have a car to get the CAN data from.
- What about Komponentenschutz?

Attempt 2)
Use distance value from diagnostic data.
- Happy to see distance value in my 2011 Passat with 3AA 907 567.
- 3AA 907 567 too expensive -> bought 3QF 907 572 A instead.
- VCDS too old -> bought new VCDS HEX-V2.
- Read Adv. Meas. Values (EV_ACCBOSCHVW416), but there it contains no distance value :(

Can You help me try to get a distance value out of 3QF 907 572 A (EV_ACCBOSCHVW416) or tell me what other ACC sensor (that is not as expensive as 3AA 907 567) has distance value in diagnostic data?

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
ACC retrofits are more than just a distance sensor. It's quite a large project which has been done many times. There is no individual tutorial but you can find info on how to do it on the internet.
As ACC involves autonomous braking and acceleration, calibration where you could potentially have an accident and kill yourself or someone else, this forum cannot support you. Sorry.

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
Also:
...Use distance value from diagnostic data.
Please don't. The diagnotic subroutines in a module always 'play second fiddle' (run at a lower priority) to the main process. Whilst meaningful data may be on the diagnostic stack - distance in this instance - you can't guarantee that it will be presented in a timely manner.

Also, ACC is more than just a distance to a blob in front of the sensor. It takes info of steering angle, so it knows where you're heading, so allows the vehicle to pass other vehicles in adjacent lanes.

Back