Lost ABS coding surge?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
To me it seems there has been a surge in recent months of requests for a lost ABS coding from many members. This isn't something I can recall seeing requested much over my many previous years as a member here.

Does anyone have any reasons/thoughts/comments why there has been this surge in lost ABS module codings?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
To me it seems there has been a surge in recent months of requests for a lost ABS coding from many members. This isn't something I can recall seeing requested much over my many previous years as a member here.

Does anyone have any reasons/thoughts/comments why there has been this surge in lost ABS module codings?
I guess the cars that a prone to doing that (mainly those with MK60EC1) are getting old and are having more and more work done to them and parts swapped. I believe that ABS first appeared in MY2009.

FWIW, our buddy Jack was one of the first people to lose his ABS coding in such a car (a 2009 Jetta TDI) and he literally made a "Federal Case" out of the fact that VW wouldn't give him a coding chart, despite the fact that the software in the ECU set what appeared to be an emissions-related MIL due to this. Well, VW never did publish a coding chart, but they did change the ECU software so as not to set a MIL for the engine.

-Uwe-

PS: Since this isn't a question regarding the forum itself, I'm moving it to the Bar.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
That is true Uwe, so very true!
It is also why I didn't sell mine back or sign some stupid legal waiver either & because you and I both know that when I reported the fact that it was additionally effecting SMOG and DPF EGR OXS build up as a result of the impaired ABS & since the ABS is what was used in conjunction to using the SAS is why the car thought it was on the dyno indefinitely for Dieselgate. It would also run interference for readiness monitor generation or even DPF regen.
Result was VW lied to EPA in FOIA responses and EPA took VWGoA at their word of using "Good Engineering Judgement" & I was dismissed.
It is one of the main reasons I have attempted to help many with recoding and "what is what" for people to better understand & FREE.
I have yet to charge for a long coding to date, however, I am a bit of an asshole and request huge amounts of money to people that request it by email & that I suspect are VCDS pirates when I do it online for free.
Fact is if ABS is offline it still displays an MIL in OBD2 mode.
I'm really glad things came full circle & it proved me "RIGHT" after being affectively maligned & that so many are now also helping others with the power of VCDS auto-scan's of the net I requested 10 years ago, you know the one's everyone gave mean hard time about in the WHORETEX when requested & I was deemed an asshole.
I will continue to wear the badge ASSHOLE proudly!

This is why you will see me push useful life warranty informative information by JPPSG!

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showth...uot-JPPSG-quot&p=156577&viewfull=1#post156577

Last edited:

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
FWIW, our buddy Jack was one of the first people to lose his ABS coding in such a car (a 2009 Jetta TDI) and he literally made a "Federal Case" out of the fact that VW wouldn't give him a coding chart, despite the fact that the software in the ECU set what appeared to be an emissions-related MIL due to this. Well, VW never did publish a coding chart, but they did change the ECU software so as not to set a MIL for the engine.
Wow. I knew Jack loved to fight the good fight against behemoth corporate machines, but I didn't know he'd actually gotten on the scoreboard... nice! Congrats! :)

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Wow. I knew Jack loved to fight the good fight against behemoth corporate machines, but I didn't know he'd actually gotten on the scoreboard... nice! Congrats! :)

Like I said Jason, it's hard to take the high road and stand up for what you think is right or wrong, especially within the industry you are a part of and even if you are above "MSC" Majestic Security Clearance!

When potential regulation or laws are posted in the Federal Register for opposition, all should fucking saying something in an argument or petition, otherwise putting your faith in some bullshit vote, agency or specific politician & most likely bought by some special interest or will be, is pretty much useless when they are appointed!

The abuse I have received in my lifetime is probably what allows me to stand up to it, however, it isn't easy!

images

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
That surge is also because of retrofits adding keys I see primarily, however, a concern of mine is for VIN or Mileage tampering & vicariously the result of using pervasive cheap Chinese unapproved tools & that would make a dirtball consumer trying to do rollbacks on odometers & possibly hurting un-knowledgeable buyer, especially these transient gypsy locksmiths popping up entering an industry they have no clue in or credentials.

So if I see you are a pattern requester of such long coding requests, taking more than giving to collective, I may elect to not help you & especially if there is no back story with credentials.

That's why JPPSG!

Back