Help! Shall i buy a diagnostic software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasani007

Reaction score
Hi I have an issue with my injectors on a golf 2011 diesel:

The technical background for the fault is that depending on the driving profile the programmed values for the injection valves in the engine control
unit can deviate. In unfavourable cases this can cause a slight pre-injection that affects combustion.

In order to proceed with the 1st stage repair we would need to update the engine control unit software and perform minimal quantity
adaptation of injectors.

Can i buy a ross tech and do it myself? VW want to charge a large amount of money for it.

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
Can i buy a ross tech and do it myself?

Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

Not for updating any control module software, I'm afraid. However, for all other diagnostic tasks, VCDS will last you for years to come.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Moved to Pre-Sales Support -- the more appropriate of the two sections where users that aren't verified can post.

-Uwe-

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Hi I have an issue with my injectors on a golf 2011 diesel:

The technical background for the fault is that depending on the driving profile the programmed values for the injection valves in the engine control
unit can deviate. In unfavourable cases this can cause a slight pre-injection that affects combustion.

In order to proceed with the 1st stage repair we would need to update the engine control unit software and perform minimal quantity
adaptation of injectors.

Can i buy a ross tech and do it myself? VW want to charge a large amount of money for it.

Thanks for your email - we'll answer here in the forum for all to see.

VCDS can adapt the injectors. See this page: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/2.0L_CR_TDI
While this procedure is for the 2.0L, a similar procedure should exist for the 1.6L. Go to the Official Factory Repair Information (erWin.VW) to view/check for the proper procedure.

VCDS can show the injection quantity.

VCDS cannot modify the control program to change beyond the settings designed into the control module by VAG engineers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back