Battery keeps dying with radio install

TDIGUY

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=231060
I have my 06 MK5 BRM TDI parked right now but have been starting it every couple weeks. It has a 2 year old OEM VW TDI spec battery and it dies dead within 1-2 weeks of the car not being driven

I have one of those chinese double din touch screen radios installed. For this reason I have heard when upgrading radios from premium 7 in a MK5 you need to upgrade the Comfort Control Module (CCM). I did this and copied settings with my VCDS with the old CCM and then with the new CCM but still battery drain.

Any suggestions or things I should double check?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Been here?

-Uwe-

PS: Moving to General VW/Audi Repair. This definitely does not belong in the Repair Support section. It doesn't even belong in Retrofits due to the aftermarket Chinese radio.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
The LF window motor/door module which speaks under address #42 was a pretty common cause of battery drains in 2005/2006 1K Jettas. If you happen to have 1K0 959 701 P shown in the VCDS Auto-Scan I would focus on that circuit when testing the draw. You may also want to inspect the LF wiring harness if the scan shows any faults.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ In a remarkable coincidence of happenstance (yeah, OK - a tortured tautology!), a notable colleague recently posted a procedure for measuring parasitic current drain HERE. Might be useful in identifying electrical current flows for this problem?

Don