Freeze frame question

szemolbakk

Unverified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Hello Guys,

I'm planning to buy a vcds interface in the near future. As I see in the logs posted by users if the fault frequency is more than 1 does the other freeze frame update to last detection conditions or shows the first seen conditions? I mean mileage, time etc. I checked several threads but I havent't found the answer. I think its an important clue.

Thanks!

Regards,
Tamas

MartinsX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268515
FF data presence is more issue of each exact control module, than diagnostic equipment.
Of course, cheap universal code scanners mainly can read only DTC's, VCDS gives You a lot more information. But, if no FF data stored in control module, nor VCDS, nor any other equipment can read and display it. Probably someone of RT team would explain it to You more detailed, if You provide some information what cars are You planning to diagnose.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Correct. This is not something that VCDS decides. VCDS shows what the car knows.

Most of the time, FF data appears to be from the first occurrence of a DTC. I base this observation primarily on time and mileage data in the FF data. However I cannot say with certainty that all control modules behave this way.

-Uwe-