V10 doesn't start

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I'm here William how are you sir?

DPF being manually cleaned seems pretty routine online with success no?

Lgibson

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=41716
Did you ever consider a new Kessy?

Harris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296109
I'm here William how are you sir?

DPF being manually cleaned seems pretty routine online with success no?
update: I removed MOST of the harness. I've haven't yet made access to disconnect the wire that goes behind right motor mount and the wires that goes back on the transmission. I may have to remove engine, but trying to avoid.

Okay, so finally working from home and caught up on things And over the last week getting myself positioned to lower the sub frame enough to install the wiring harness and and maybe anything else while it down. As I said, earlier this year, I'm own the v10 and acquired an engine table lift cap (2200 lbs) hopefully that'll be enough. The original engine harness was so deteriorated I though it was best to replace it. But, I was never able to disconnect the plug under right engine mount and the part of the harness that rides the top of the transmission. Therefore, I see no other way maintain quality and integrity without dropping the sub-frame. I'll provide some pics to show you what it all looks like. But I"m back on this project for real. And hopefully provide some resolve to this story.

Harris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296109
Here are the latest photos of what i've been doing to the Touareg. Yes, carefully REMOVED the ENGINE by myself in my home garage.
Code:
[img]https://imgur.com/a/zhVhbU5[/img]

Last edited:

Harris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296109
Here are the latest photos of what i've been doing to the Touareg. Yes, carefully REMOVED the ENGINE by myself in my home garage.
Trying to upload pics using imgur URL
zhVhbU5

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I fixed your post #106.

If you wish to embed an Imgur album (rather than a single image) use Media (the camera icon) rather than the IMG tags.

-Uwe-

Peebody

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=291429
I can't even imagine trying to do that job on a creeper. Nice work. I like your solution for the lift table mod. I'm going to copy it when I eventually have to pull my V10. Also, my engine compartment is nowhere near that clean.

Harris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296109
I can't even imagine trying to do that job on a creeper. Nice work. I like your solution for the lift table mod. I'm going to copy it when I eventually have to pull my V10. Also, my engine compartment is nowhere near that clean.
Thanks. Before lifting, (so the hitch does NOT hit the ground) i put the back tires up on basic ramps. Also, this allows the overall weight to pivot on the rear axle. Once I put the table under the truck and lined-up the bolts everything dropped out nice and even. Then (as seen in the pic) I bolted the "engine hoist leveler" actually to the body of the truck, via the air-suspension bolt mounting holes. From there, I used the Gantry crane to lift up the front of the truck just enough to roll out the engine. Also, the table i used from NorthernTool is the one with 2200 lb capacity. I've read the suspension, engine, and trans is approx 1900 lbs.

Last edited: