V10 doesn't start

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Not sure what isolate ECUs means? I've tested everything you mentioned before and everything tests good. Currently have the drivers seat removed, back seats removed, rear compartment removed, rear HVAC exposed, rear lid harness removed, there were many broken wires found so i ordered new harness. Old harness removed which explains some of the faults codes in last scan.

Address 01: Engine Labels: Redir Fail!
Part No SW: 070 906 016 CQ HW: 028 101 196 2
Component: V10 5,0L EDCG001AGMª9805
Revision: --H02--- Serial number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Coding: 0060575
Shop #: WSC 03738 444 38140 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Here!
VCID: 619CAF04FD593C9F427-5160

8 Faults Found:
001540 - Internal Control Module
P0604 - 000 - RAM Error - MIL ON
013111 - Engine-Engine Databus
P3337 - 000 - Implausible Message - MIL ON
006407 - Engine Databus
P1907 - 000 - ECU<->ECU Communications Fault
004373 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating: B1 S1
P1115 - 000 - Short to Ground
005696 - Internal Control Module
P1640 - 000 - EEPROM Error
006407 - Engine Databus
P1907 - 000 - ECU<->ECU Communications Fault
005377 - Fuel Pump Relay (J17)
P1501 - 000 - Short to Ground
012547 - Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157)
P3103 - 000 - Malfunction - MIL ON
Readiness: 0 0 0 0 1

Mr. Harris,

Wiring needs to be corrected before installing controllers, not just installed and attempted to operate like you stated on the recorded phone call after first receipt of the controllers.

Fix all broken and shorted or open wiring and recode the controllers to default them.......I see you haven't because they retain my WSC dealer #.

You have never done a TV remote session to date which was offered for free by me.

The Ram error is due to first not having a proper terminal 15 being switched and now that fault is gone in 0x01 and 0x05........ which is good.

FYI :
I back up what I sell, so even though you did this to the 0x01 for failing to do your responsibilities I will still help you correct it if needed.
You also have immobilizers removed, as requested from the engine ecu's as an additional work around, " no charge" and they have run a truck with no error before shipped to you in addition to that kessy and key.

The fuel pump not operating with a DTC would be a concern of mine.

You must correct the data bus errors, by verifying wiring, the gateway and trans ecu are not part of any water ingress.

Persevere do not give up...........

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
You said you are having a hard time tracking or reading the schematics.......let me wipe those tears from your face and focus.

One track or component at a time make screen shots of each component or track in question.

Describe to the forum how it is you are testing and qualifying a current track or to verify it's load and no interference with other tracks?

Harris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296109
Okay,I'm done crying. Haha. Probably not helpful, intake flaps are stuck open when ignition on or off. Also, they buzz when ignition on. On which track, on WD#52, would you like me to start? Also have Teamviewer ready on scanner whenever you're ready. I'm. Available anytime before 4:30pm EST; was trying to wait until shorts were resolved.

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Get with me via email for a schedule and credentials.

Please answer the question from post 82..........

Describe to the forum how it is you are testing and qualifying a current track or to verify it's load and no interference with other tracks?

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Hopefully your new introduction to how Meters and LED test lights can lie was helpful.

123 Load lights...........!

:D

Harris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296109
One thing for sure is when I pull the #15 fuse, in E-box engine compartment area, there is no longer a parasitic draw on the batteries.

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
One thing for sure is when I pull the #15 fuse, in E-box engine compartment area, there is no longer a parasitic draw on the batteries.

Okay post a WD or shared tracks of the fuse..........

Harris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296109
Does anyone have a "connection" diagram, w/ numbered locations, of the engine compartment wiring harness? So if i were looking for say "connection 27" then maybe I could find it quicker. The wiring diagram always refers to the connections by number.

Harris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296109
Battery code type

Are there codes to enter by VCDS for exact batteries that were replaced? That is, do I have to tell Touareg the exact batteries it now has installed? I read something saying I did.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
My recollection is that the 7L-chassis Touareg did not need any battery coding.

-Uwe-

Harris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296109
Another update

I will update this thread soon.
Update:Still NOT up and running yet. Although, I do have, again, freshly repaired and updated ECMs but have NOT installed yet. Currently replacing glow plugs along with their wiring harness', cleaning the complete EGR system, replacing cooked wires all over the engine compartment. Unfortunately, one of the two Main Engine Harness are no longer available as NEW. #1 main is 7L6.971.072.KL (no longer available) #2 is still available 07Z.971.767.BD but more interested in replace the first one. Many variations in harnesses. Does anyone know if another, in production harness, is very similar to mine and would only need slight modification? Allegedly, VW does not easily provide any info on differences between harnesses.

FYI: Tucson VW Parts online has the BEST online prices I can find, for any part! If another place is better please let me know.

Also, what is the best inspection scope for the money? I think it would be a good investment for the V10 owner.

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
William you could take the harness out and extract PIN for PIN one wire at a time.

I absolutely can do this for you but it's very expensive due to being so time consuming.

I would open it up and repair each track that is obviously damaged visually or shorted open with a continuity tester.

Pay attention to bends and loom details.

Lay on cardboard and draw it out ID'ing every connector in WD and board + PINS and ref every bend to full length with pictures to duplicate.

Harris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296109
Thanks, but my compressor is all gear driven, no pulley.

Harris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296109
update: I removed MOST of the harness. I've haven't yet made access to disconnect the wire that goes behind right motor mount and the wires that goes back on the transmission. I may have to remove engine, but trying to avoid.

Harris

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296109
STILL HERE

update: I removed MOST of the harness. I've haven't yet made access to disconnect the wire that goes behind right motor mount and the wires that goes back on the transmission. I may have to remove engine, but trying to avoid.
I'm still alive and owner of the v10. Acquired an engine table lift. oem harnesses, etc.... boroscopes. Never been able to disconnect the plug on top of the transmission. Hoping i can do it with the boroscope view. Everything on the engine is disconnected. Probably a good time to just drop the motor and trans. Can the turbos and partical filters be cleaned feasible without damage? Or should they be replace new. i feel it would be a shame to go this far and not perform but will skip if it would be to hard to properly reinstall. Will eventually be ALL NEW wiring harness in the engine compartment. got to reverse all the process with a ton of photos now.