2010 VW Passat windsheild wipers stop when car stops

passin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295101
So I recently replaced my engine and the dealer noticed that my hood latch sensor was bad. I feel like an idiot since this explains why the hood on the display was white, first VW so I never really connected the dots. With this sensor being bad my windshield wipers would not go when at a stop sign or stop in general. The windshield cleaner would not spray and the alarm would not set. The dealer just unhooked the sensor for me, said without it hooked up the car wont even know it is there and will act normal... so far it has.

Just wanted to put this out there as a knowledge base for anyone else that may stumble across this issue. It plagued me for a few months before everything went crazy and it got found.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Be careful; it's possible there's a reason that sensor keeps the wipers from doing their thing. I believe on some cars there can be "interference" between the wipers and the hood if the wipers were to be turned on while the hood is open, which can damage things. I don't know whether your car is one of them.

-Uwe-

passin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295101
Thank you for the heads up, I will keep that in my mind as I work on things.

Back