HELP!!!!! (Mis-fueled TDI)

d15jay5

Reaction score
Hi all

New here, i'm not a mechanic. Ive had a real niggling problem with my car, i will give as much detail as possible. I bought the car and had the timing belt changed, my wife filled the car with petrol and started it up, but after realizing what she had done switched it off. We had the tank pumped and all seemed ok. After a week or so i noticed the automatic transmission was acting erratically and the car would rock when idling. I took it to audi and they replaced the fly wheel. This sorted the transmission problem but not the idling issue. I took it to another garage where they inspected and cleaned my air filter, plugs and injectors. They seemed to have made the car worse. the car still idles rough (but rev counter stays perfectly still) and now when the car is labored it shudders. To fix this i just need to give my car a little extra power and it goes away. This is the same fix when the car is idling, a tap on the accelerator and the problems gone. I had the engine mounts replaced but with no change. I must add that when the car is cold it seems to run great, its only when it warms up. At the end of my tether now and am hoping for some help. many thanks guys

Audi s4
2ltr tdi
64000 miles
auto

billywhizz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=278038
I'm sorry too hear of your tale of woe, whats needed is a full scan done on the car so people can see whats going on. if you don't have a vcds then try the vw forumuk and see if anyones close too you who can do it, if not then a garage /dealer to do it for you( a must is a printout ). hope you solve this .

d15jay5

Reaction score
Hi Billy, i have had three scan done and nothing is coming up

billywhizz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=278038
that may be so, but unless you post a vcds full auto scan on here the folks here wont have a clue whats happening,they could only guess . I hope this helps .

Reactions: Uwe

aTOMic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151918
Jay,
Welcome to this site; VCDS will save you its weight in gold!

A little suggestion: Please post relevant facts in the thread title. Imagine if every title was "HELP!!" or "Quick Question"!? Ahhhhhhhrggg.

Thanks "Mate" (I speak British)

-Tom

PS Uwe, anyone titling a post like this in the future shall be TAKEN OUT BACK und SHOT!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
PS Uwe, anyone titling a post like this in the future shall be TAKEN OUT BACK und SHOT!
Either that or I can make the thread title more descriptive, as I've done here/now. :)

Since the OP doesn't have VCDS and doesn't want to post scans his garage did (gee, I wonder why?), I'm moving this to General VW/Audi Repair.

-Uwe-

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
if ur engine is not running smooth stop driving it, a rough running engine will damage ur new flywheel.

Last edited: