Audi A3 2016 - how do I access the "green window"?

greyghost

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11562
I'm looking at buying a 2016 Audi A3 and can't figure out how to access the green window.

I don't know how to paste in a picture of the console, but it does not have "car" and "menu" buttons as the one's I'm familiar with do!

Help please!

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
For MIB2 head unit, which I assume, since the auto-scan is missing you habe to enable the adaption channel "developer mode" in the 5F module. Remember you have to login first using the displayed SA.

Afterwards reboot the navigation system by holding the power button for aprox. 15 seconds. From now on you can access the Testmode screen by holding the menu button for 10-15 seconds. There you can go into the GEM (green engineering menu).

greyghost

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11562
Thanks, TBAx.

One question, however: you mention "the power button" - what is that? I don't see anything labeled "power"

Thanks!

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
Isb't there a physical button you can rotate to change volume and press to switch the head unit on and off? Sorry, I don't own an A3, but there should be a way to reset it. You can also leave the car closed down and alone for an hour - the GEM should then be available as well.