Increase LED brightness on MK7 Golf mirror turn signals?

quailallstar

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=53119
When compared to the MK6 Golf, I find the MK7 Golf mirror turn signals to be very dim. Is this something that can be tweaked via VCDS?

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
Keithuk is right. You can change the front and tail turn signals' brightness but that's it.

quailallstar

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=53119
I don't think you can. My drivers mirror indicator was showing a 00109 codes and the both lights were showing the same luminosity then it went dimmer after a few months. I bought a new unit.

LED strip light indictor in door mirror

Interesting. I have noticed that the MK6 vs. MK7 mirror LED setups are differennt. VW cut corners it seems and uses less LED diodes in the MK7 from I can see. This might be the cause of the dim aperence of the turn signals.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Interesting. I have noticed that the MK6 vs. MK7 mirror LED setups are different. VW cut corners it seems and uses less LED diodes in the MK7 from I can see. This might be the cause of the dim aperence of the turn signals.

quailallstar: Not sure about the "cutting corners" assertion, but there certainly were a number of fundamental and profound changes to the network arrangement in the mk7 (I suspect resulting from the introduction of the MQB platform).

In respect of the turn signal LED on the mirrors (what VW call "signal repeater bulbs"), these are directly supplied from the door control module as shown below

TA8ans7.png

So, unlike the 35 x other exterior lamps on the mk7 which can be adjusted via Leuchte programming in the BCM, these LEDs appear to have a fixed illumination (alas) and more importantly, they seem to be driven directly (unabated and unaltered) via the turn-signal that is relayed from the steering wheel CAN message - I think!

Don

Reactions: Uwe