Octavia II - DRL Activation

killep2

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214777
Hi again guys and girls

I am the lucky owner of Skoda Octavia (II) FL which come with DRL lights. :) (Fog lights and DRL lights are separated !)

So.....
I would like to active the DRL lights to work like a DRL and not as a "shadow" lights of High Beam (currently this is a situation)
I found that those lights should light with the parking light and there is some way to make them even less\more brighter (per VCDS code) but not like in my situation.

The problem is that I don't know what should I change (on VCDS) to activate this option.

As mentioned below, currently those lights activated only with the High Beam light

I Will really appreciate if you can hello me with that to make my car (model 9) tweaking final and irreversible :)

Thanks in advance (a specially to Dana:) ) :D;)

P.s
The full scan will be attached in few hours

mtl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=153305
If this is not the famous Byte 18 issue, you could check 09-Central Elec., Byte 15, Bit 6 and Bit 7 (this should give you a selectable option on Maxi-DOT if you have it).
octavia-ii-fl-drl.jpg

You can set the brightness on Byte 24, but I think that standard 92% is perfect.

PS: I would be very interested in this ''shadow'' lights for High Beam, what should be configured for this to work.

killep2

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214777
Hi,

I will check those options.

About the "shadow" I even don't know how I activate it.
I can give you my Long code and try to figure out ....:(

killep2

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214777
Same...

I made those changed but the DRL only light with the High Beam only or when "Flicking" with the high beam.

Any other suggestions ?

mtl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=153305
Sadly this is then Byte 18 issue (google it). If you have guts you can try...
My advice would be to go to authorized dealer and let them change it without too big hasle. Though it can happen that they will claim they cannot do this, but I can confirm this can be done by authorized dealers.

killep2

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214777
Hi,

I was there
They told me that it is impossible, it was before I purchase the Ross-tech cable. now I activated alot of future that was "impossible" so I dont trust them...

The byte 18 was changed because I replace the 9th module. It was change by Dana approval :)

Do you have other ideas ?

Thanks

mtl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=153305
As already written, you have to find a person at one authorized dealer that knows what he is doing and you should get this done. Since your wanted configuration (only front DRL on, is this correct?) is factory configuration for Skoda Octavia in my country, this can 100% be done.
Also one of my customers had to contact 5 dealers to finally found a person who knew what he was doing. All four previous dealers were stating that his configuration is not possible.