2000 passat Data Bus

Doug22812

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=226971
Ok everyone after letting this car sit all winter I started back on it. I found another ABS module rebuilder that said they would test my module for a small fee. They called and said it tested good but if I wanted to try one theirs I could and return it if it didn't fix it. So I put there module on and the ABS and Brake light were out but I still had air bag, traction control, MIL, oil pressure warning and tach not working. So I scanned it again still had all these data codes as before. I notice in the measure blocks #125 the engine module did not show up any where, I had checked the wiring several times. So I took a chance and found another ECM cheap hooked it up coded it and all is good no lights and no codes. So here is what I'm saying happened and I could totally wrong. ABS module #1 shorted the can bus in both the original and replacement I had gotten ECM. The tech at that company was helpful and him and I really didn't think the module was bad. So after not getting anywhere he said send it back and they would test it and let me know what's wrong. Well I got a module back in the mail with no explanation and still had the same problems. Called the company all I could get was it was bad from a customer service person, tech never would return my calls. I also got the feeling company #2 was real confident in testing these modules after telling me mine good and offering for me to try one of theirs.

Back