A bit about me

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
Hello Everyone,

I have been interested in electronics from a very young age (hence my username!) and in all cars belonging to the VAG Group. I currently have a 1981 Golf Convertible and a 2009 Audi A4 - but can't find a place to plug the VCDS lead into the Golf...

I have the same username on other forums, but tend to offer help only when I definitley can, I otherwise don't have the time. You'll see a reasonable amount of activity on VWAudiForum.co.uk.

I started dabbling with vehicle diagnostics when I got a 1996 Audi A4 back in 2000 and wondered what the little socket with an engine symbol on it was used for. I set about building my own interface from the infamous 'Jeff's Schematic' and discovered Ross-Tech thereafter. I still have some of the early Vag-Com beta's somewhere in my archive and even an alpha (0.6X or something) and I was one of the first Software Only Registration users of the time. Ross-Tech had their first interface (ISO-COM) which may (or may not - correct me if I'm wrong) have been similar under the hood to the interface I made myself. :p

As things advanced I purchased a HEX-COM, Vag-Com metamorphasised into VCDS and I upgraded again to the HEX-CAN+USB. And that's pretty much up-to-date. Only two purchases from a company in 14 years and I still get exactly the same amount of support when needed. Wow. I wish I could help with the current Beta - but I'm the wrong side of the 'pond'. :(

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Welcome aboard, Christopher!

We hop to make HEX-NET interfaces available to some markets outside the US soon.

-Uwe-