Not open for further replies.

Stevedevil

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268674
Hi Gang..

My A3 Convertible, 2011 1.6 TDI is one of the engines that have been recalled..

My question is, can I use VagCom before the modification and software remap to take readings of the engine performance on a set length of road etc, to then see once the recall has been completed if the Car has the same response and fuel consumption etc etc..

If I can, then could someone please walk me through the best steps to use whilst plugged into the care etc

Cheers

Steve

MartinsX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268515
You can do logs, of course. But the question is what is reason of recall and what exactly dealers are going to do with Your engine? If this is a bad EGR module, typical for those engines, no any changes will be made to engine performance. If You could provide full autoscan from Your car, it could be easier to imagine what's wrong with Your engine now.

Reactions: Uwe

Stevedevil

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268674
You can do logs, of course. But the question is what is reason of recall and what exactly dealers are going to do with Your engine? If this is a bad EGR module, typical for those engines, no any changes will be made to engine performance. If You could provide full autoscan from Your car, it could be easier to imagine what's wrong with Your engine now.

Hi Mate

Audi have mentioned a modification ( They call it an Air Stabiliser ) that goes in front of the Mass Air Flow Sensor

They state this makes the sensor read more accurately, then they reprogram ( Take out the Cheat Program ) to make the NOx gasses less

My Issue ( Degree in Engineering ) is reduce the Air intake, so injectors and ECU reduce Diesel into injector, so sorry less power obtained, also then the Torque Curve for the engine is different, so power ratio's change.. so Engine will be different !!!

Cheers Steve

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I would log mass air flow and injection quantities. Performance is determined by these.

-Uwe-

Stevedevil

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268674
I would log mass air flow and injection quantities. Performance is determined by these.

-Uwe-

Im very new to Ross Tech, I assume you select these items to be read as you drive the car, does the software keep this log info ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back