VCDS English vs German

MartinsX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268515
I have seen several times in answers from Ross-Tech team that some label files are available in German but not in English. Does it mean that those are included in VCDS German version? Can I download and use German version with the same interface, too?

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Only with German VCDS can you use labels that are .clb, labels .lbl, you can copy-paste from German installation.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I think its fair to point out that the opposite is also true, that there are some label files that are only available in English that have not been translated to German.

-Uwe-

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
I am constantly working on the documentation (label files etc.), in most cases the English files are created first. In some the source data is German and it makes no sense to go German>English>German, so those German files are created first. That said, as Uwe pointed out - it is misleading to claim the German versions are more complete than the English ones. I've explained that in the past and while ALL translated versions fall back to English when no translated file is found, the English version for obvious reasons has no fallback. In numbers, we have about 1000 German files, while we have about 1200 English files.

From my point of view, I'd much rather work on this by knowing which files you believe are not included in the English version than to go the other way around and claim that German is more complete. I would guess there are about 10-20 key files which are responsible for this mis-perception. So the question boils down to, what do you need and what can we do to rectify the situation ASAP?

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Hi Sebastian.

I have made new translation for Passat B7 side assist. I'll send it to you when i get behind computer.

And plese check ross-tech support email. I've written there about 2 missing channel description in Passat B6 climatronic, which are there in German version.

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Hi Magnus - that was taken care of, after the last data version was published and will be included in the next update. Thanks for the feedback.