ABS fault on VW Fox

CRSperformance

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266451
I am trying to repair a VW Fox 1.2 basic car . The other day the ABS Light came on and the brakes went into a massive judder ( like the ABS pump working but vicious ) , the Vag com shows front drivers side speed sensor faulty , I replaced it but the light continued to come on as you accelerate away , I replaced the bearing on that side also and the fault now comes on when you reach a speed of 20 to 30 MPH I have driven the car measuring the blocks and you can see the right front wheel clitching and the speed reading suddenly drops momentarily , and light comes on . Must say the car had a bashing on the same corner the hub took a big knock but no damage to the wires . I have pulled and pushed on the cables and cant find any pattern to the fault , Could the hub be a problem .
thanks

Dutchie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=125479
Please post an autoscan.

Reactions: Uwe

MartinsX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268515
BTW Front Driver Side in UK is the right side, in other world the left side. Maybe You have to replace front left ABS sensor?

CRSperformance

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266451
BTW Front Driver Side in UK is the right side, in other world the left side. Maybe You have to replace front left ABS sensor?
The right hand side of the car had the bashing here in UK the drivers side . The vag com continues to say the front right sensor , but changed it already and no better after a new bearing still shows fault , didnt fit genuine bearing from VW just a generic one from a spares shop . have done this before and no issues with after market bearings

Ill post the fault report asap , thank you