My table in the Uwe's bar, about Serbia etc...

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Find this photo... Nikola & friend 3 years ago, in our backyard... :cool:

5i3q0dJ.jpg

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
^^^ Awesome a REAL VW :-)

Mine is ORANGE, a '72 1200 (though it has a 1600 now).

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Parking "Airport Nikola Tesla" in Belgrade tonight. Johnny (Nikola) returned from Germany. :cool: :thumbs:

Ffy9mLb.jpg

Sony Ericsson K750i without flash-light.

Reactions: Uwe

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Bukulja. Mountains "over" my city, from the opposite side. Seems my old Sony Ericsson has not yet to throw in the trash. ;)

zRHIyTo.jpg

Similar angle, Samsung Galaxy S5:

nBuXuO1.jpg

^^^
Garaši (Garashi), artificial lake...

Last edited:

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
I read in another topic about the "Super Moon." By me, it was cloudy but had enough light to make the snapshot with old SonyE. You can see the outlines of Bukulja and lights on the path that leads to the top, for walk, etc.

1GAjFyZ.jpg

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Like "Random Photos" but for me...:confused: i don't know, yet... ;)

Hr1ZZGx.jpg

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
^^^ A very empty airport?

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Yes and another thing. Anyway, it seemed to me it was an interesting photo. :cool:

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Mountain Bukulja, today. "Hoarfrost", (i hope this is right term) on spider net.

UUYeA8c.jpg

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Currently this game has a huge viewership in Serbia: :cool:

Kw1tLgY.jpg

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
On this side of the pond, nobody more than 5 km from San Diego knows that it is even going on at Qualcomm Stadium..... :facepalm:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Boki Ar: Like Americans (apparently), I'm also mostly ignorant about soccer -but I have a question for you for which I have never had a confident answer: Consider this scenario:

A "penalty" is awarded by the umpire that involves a throw-in from the corner of the playing field (the corner where the goal thingy is in your picture). The player tosses the ball towards the goal and it passes a number of the opposing players (so not off-side) and eventually it hits the net. It's not touched by anyone and it's admittedly a highly improbable scenario - but, is it a goal?​

Don

On this side of the pond, nobody more than 5 km from San Diego knows that it is even going on at Qualcomm Stadium..... :facepalm:

vreihen: No disrespect intended to the locals, but what's so special about San Diego?

Last edited:

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
A classic example of the media power. This was a friendly match without competitive. In Serbia, this has had media attention in the United States do not. ;)

I know about "returning the ball into play" that corner kick, where the flag is, carried out by foot, if hit the net is goal. It is rare but not impossible... :cool:

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Boki Ar: Like Americans (apparently), I'm also mostly ignorant about soccer -but I have a question for you for which I have never had a confident answer: Consider this scenario:

A "penalty" is awarded by the umpire that involves a throw-in from the corner of the playing field (the corner where the goal thingy is in your picture). The player tosses the ball towards the goal and it passes a number of the opposing players (so not off-side) and eventually it hits the net. It's not touched by anyone and it's admittedly a highly improbable scenario - but, is it a goal?​

There is no penalty that involves throw-in's in football, AFAIK. Penalty shots are from the front of the goal.

If a ball leaves the pitch, there are three ways that it can return to play:

1) If it crosses a side line, the team that *didn't* touch it last throws it in from the sideline at about the point it went out. This is the only throw-in in football.

2) If the ball crosses the back line and the offense was the last person to touch it, it is a goal kick. The defending goaltender gets to free kick it from inside the goal box area. (Insert Hope Solo ZIKAaaaaa!!!! crowd cheer sound bite here.)

3) If the ball crosses the back line and the DEFENSE was the last person to touch it, it is a corner kick (As Boki Ar's video above illustrates). The offense gets to kick the ball from the nearest corner, placing it anywhere within a small arc that doesn't 100% preclude hitting the net with a lucky shot or one with enough spin to "bend it like Beckham" as footballers say.

corner-kick-rule.jpg

http://www.understandingsoccer.com/rule-17-the-corner-kick.html

This web site talks about what happens if a sideline throw-in goes into the net:

https://www.football-bible.com/soccer-info/corner-kick-rule-in-soccer.html

Basically, the thrown-in goal does *not* count, and results in the offense getting a corner kick to essentially try again.

Disclaimer that this is coming from an American, and we know zilch about international football. ;)

vreihen: No disrespect intended to the locals, but what's so special about San Diego?

Being close to Mexico, they have the best tacos? :) There will soon be a hiring boom for construction workers to build Trump's wall? :p That silly naval base where they keep all the nuclear wessels that aren't in Alameda? :D

Seriously though, that's where the game was taking place. It is a huge deal in Serbia, but the only advertising for the game here was probably on the marquee outside the stadium.....

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
^ That's right. ^ :thumbs:

"Penal" or "most severe penalty" was a free kick from the penalty "white spot" at a distance of 11 meters from goal. Without "living wall" of course.

Golman-mu-je-odbranio-penal-pa-je-uradio-najgluplju-mogucu-stvar-u-fudbalu-VIDEO.jpg

Other related "free kick from the corner" Vreihen is already explained. :cool:

There is also a "free throw" the ball with the hands. In this case, the ball must be "added" to the player, directly enters the net, the goal is not valid.

auuuuuuuuuuut_1000x0.jpg

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
The most important question is...who won the match?????

Back