Medical technology - is society doomed?

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
vreihen: get well quickly - your dry sense of humour (I might go so far as to describe it as "arid" :)) is genuinely missed!!

Don

Reactions: Uwe

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Third person people rule, because they have the ability to think in and out of the box!
Here visiting Art now and he is his normal cranky self and wants no Borg jokes.....:p

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Art had a fall last night and is back in WMC............:cry:

Over medicated and dehydrated according to information on hand.

It's been a rough week here in chicken gravy Montgomery.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ Jack - Please give Verhein my regards and tell him "G'day".

I'm not criticizing your post, but it often puzzles-me what situations need to occur for the use of words that are normally seen as verbs to stop and instead they become nouns? I've noticed (at least down here in the antipodes) that it seems to happen when people reach a certain age. I don't know why but after this threshold age, whenever the individual "takes-a-tumble", he/she no longer "falls" - instead, he/she has "A fall"! I guess the transition of the word to a noun gives the event more meaning - but I'm just guessing

Anyhow, just an observational aside. Again, no criticism intended - the only important thing is that verhein gets better quickly

Don

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
My speech impairment is an obvious side note.:banghead:
It does bother me that I write one thing, and than later myself can't understand what I wrote or it isn't how I recall writing it.

Everyone has their own strong points ........Art can really write well.
Wish I could write like him, and believe me I do try to write better, however, find mistakes and second guess myself every 2 seconds with the words chosen.

I bet if you could read my mind, you would be equally saying WTF, and how is this operating system even functioning.

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
It does bother me that I write one thing, and than later myself can't understand what I wrote or it isn't how I recall writing it.
There are a number of my posts on here, that I want to edit, but it's too late - I was clearly sleepy when I wrote them (that's my excuse!) and I really wonder HOW anybody worked out what I was really saying :facepalm:

My typing is too fast for my brain... and I do NOT type fast :D

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Fix one problem, get a brand new one free! Once they addressed the problem on one side, the entire heart started running like a lopsided washing machine! :(

Anyway, I am in no rush to leave this time. Going off grid again for the night. Thanks everyone for your best wishes and concern.....

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Arts still in Hospital and maybe getting out soon......been with him on Skype here and there.

Hopefully he gets some sleep........

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Hopefully he gets some sleep........
Not gonna happen tonight. :( Roommate since 5 am sunday is a 30-something gangster thug from the hood in Port Jervis, blew his heart out on coke and booze. Hasn't kept food down for 38 days, refusing half the meds they are trying to give him. He has been going downhill since arrival, and I'm expecting him to expire in the next 48 hours...if not tonight. :( Under the gangster shell is a union electrician, who watched Jeopardy the other night and impressed me with his knowledge of the questions. Anyway, I'm in a high traffic room with his doctors tonight, so it's gonna be a long one unless he rates a transfer to ICU.....

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
BP 74/52 manual because the machine wouldn't read him, pulse 119. Another doctor just came in, ordered morphine for the pain. Lots of negative energy in the room right now. :(

Since I never posted about my unexpected side effect, I started growing a second head out of my left shoulder early Sunday morning. About the size of a golf ball, I have named it Mini-Me. Some sort of internal bleeding, and the only fix was to use a pressure bandage and waiting weeks for it to settle back in. Needless to say, neither of us is getting sleep right now..... :(

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Since I never posted about my unexpected side effect, I started growing a second head out of my left shoulder early Sunday morning. About the size of a golf ball, I have named it Mini-Me. :(
vreihen: Not sure that humor is an appropriate response to your news, but I find it a marvelous tonic in times of stress! Anyhow, Mark Wing-Davey did it before you and Zaphod Beeblebrox turned out to be a very cool-dude indeed (but he had a third appendage in the form of an extra arm) !!!

Don
PS: Get well soon, and return with a vengeance - not a whimper!!!
PPS: I never could understand why "the meaning of life - and everything" wasn't a prime number (real strange)!!

Last edited:

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
1:32 AM - emergency in bed chest x-ray

1:38 AM - nurse said that they could not increase his blood pressure

1:55 AM - trip to CT scanner for lower abdominal Scan

2:00 AM through 3:15 AM - got my sleep for the night

From then until 6:20 AM, doctors nurses and refused medicines

6:33 AM - finally transferred ICU, after being seen by morning cardiologist.

6:48 AM - thanked his nurse for her career choice. No way could I do her job! She really fought for him all night.

No use and sleeping now, as nurses are coming around to do shift change vitals..... :(

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Art asked me to post this............

Art road the lightning today in ICU twice.
He is thoroughly impressed with the bytes and timings of the plate and machine that pulses you in this situation.

He didn't like the way it felt and says it is painful........

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
Art asked me to post this............

Art road the lightning today in ICU twice.
He is thoroughly impressed with the bytes and timings of the plate and machine that pulses you in this situation.

He didn't like the way it felt and says it is painful........

Holy crap!

Have you asked them to recode it with a different WSC?

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated...but not by much.

A few hours after my roommate went through the above incident, my doctors decided to add an ace inhibitor to my morning pills. By early afternoon, my blood pressure started to drop like a rock. When it hit a low enough number where the machines would not read it all, they went to a manual cuff. At 38/27, they rushed me to CCU. It took them nine different medicines in IV bags to save my life and bring my blood pressure back to normal! On Friday morning, I went back into afib and had to ride the lightning to get back into rhythm. :(

Long story short, I finally got back to a regular room yesterday. They did several procedures on me, and hope to discharge me on Monday or Tuesday if I can walk. Not being on your feet for two weeks makes it difficult to even take three steps, and I have had PT here every day trying to get me back on my feet and walking. I'm hoping that I can actually make it to the bathroom in the room by Monday, and will probably be going home on Tuesday.

Thank you for your best wishes.....

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Best wishes indeed. Have they tried taking you off all that stuff yet? Doesn't sound like it could make things much worse :popcorn:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Vreihen: sounds like progress is being made (a good thing), but don't be too eager to leave hospital -especially if your faithful hound (killer? - can't remember his/her name) will be your principal carer (notwithstanding the able assistance of your friend, Jack). Hospitals are horrible places, they do have their benefits - nurses/doctors who look after other folk.

Get well soon

Don

PS: ask the nurses to move the bed - then the bathroom won't be so far!